Books published by members

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
ngs3

Some Sample Pages

Post by ngs3 » 12 Jul 2006, 16:11

One of several photos of official design plans . . .
Attachments
Plans Page.jpg
Plans Page.jpg (84.75 KiB) Viewed 5833 times

ngs3

Some Sample Pages

Post by ngs3 » 12 Jul 2006, 16:13

Two group photos showing period wear . . .
Attachments
Period Page.jpg
Period Page.jpg (222.37 KiB) Viewed 5825 times

bulge

Books on the Ardennes and Stalingrad and a couple more

Post by bulge » 10 Aug 2006, 21:26

Thanks Marcus for having my books listed here.

I have written in German and in English 4 books on the Battle of the Bulge - The North Shoulder
- The Battle of the Bulge - The Losheim Gap (99th US Inf sector)
- The Batte of the Bulge - Holding the Line (2nd Inf. Div. sector)
- The Battle of the Bulge - Hell at Bütgenbach (1st US inf. Div. sector)
- The Battle of the Bulge - Seize the Bridges (Kampfgruppe Peiper versus many US units trying to stop them)
(Coming up soon)
- The Battle of the Bulge - Desperate Stand (106th US Inf Div. sector)
- The Battle of the Bulge - The Battle for St Vith (7th and 9th Armored and parts of the 106th div sector)

Just a new book on a serie on the later stage of the Battle of the Bulge came out:
- The Battle of the Bulge - Operations of the 3rd Fallschirmjäger Division
This tells about the pushback of the German forces on the North Shoulder and is a new serie on the Ardennes books

If anyone likes to know the German titles, just send me an e-mail.

To see those titles go to my homepage and click on the bookstore.
Battle of the Ardennes "North Shoulder" 1944-45
http://home.planet.nl/~wijer037/Bulge/default.htm

Furthermore are books on Stalingrad done in bith languages:
- The Battle for Stalingrad - Nemesis on the Volga (J. Stempel's diary)
- The Battle for Stalingrad - The Battle for the Factories
- The Battle for Stalingrad - Operation Winterstorm (relief operation on Stalingrad), this was a book done under the title by Shelf Book Storm over the Steppe, but because they couldn't stay with the terms about the contracts (same happened with Flak 88, Knight Gunner, SS Flak, Iron Horsemen, which are all my titles), I decided to continue the book in this form, with more pictures, and accounts.

See for those books Geert Rottiers site at
http://www.Stalingrad.net
or go to
http://www.stalingradtours.com/hanswijers.htm
or
http://www.stalingradtours.com/hanswije ... ations.htm

Coming up are two more books on Stalingrad, one is about the fightings at the North area between November 1942 and the end in Stalingrad, February 1943, as well as one for the battle for the centre of Stalingrad.
Also there are about 15 other small accounts, mostly in German I did,
like these 9 in brochure form.

1. "Einsatz der Sturmgeschütz-Brigade 276 in Ost- und Westpreußen 1944/45". Erlebnisbericht von Dr. Alfred Regeniter, Ritterkreuzträger in der StuG-Brigade 276.
2 "....als Panzerfahrer 7000 Kilometer im Sturmgeschütz..." Kriegserlebnisse von Uffz. Heinrich Engel, Ritterkreuzträger in der Sturmgeschütz-Brigade 660 und 259.
3."Der 2./SS Flak Abt. 9 "Hohenstaufen" in der Ardennen-Offensive gewidmet". Erlebnisbericht von H. Semmler
4."Erinnerungen an den Ardennen-Einsatz 1944/'45". Die Kämpfen um Grand-Halleux, Vielsalm, Bra und Vilettes. Erlebnisbericht von Carsten Johannsen, Junker in der 6./Pz.Gren. Rgt. 19 in der 9. SS Pz.-Div. „Hohenstaufen“ .
5. "Chronik der StuG-Brigade/Abteilung 210". Tagebuchaufzeichnungen und Erinnerungen von ehem. Angehörigen der Brigade 210 (1941 - 1945).
Inc. Berichten von 2 Ritterkreuzträger (Köhler /Naumann).
6."Bildband der StuG Abt./Brigade 210" 50 Seiten Din A4 mit über 90 Aufnahmen vom Einsatz- und Einsatzgebiet der Brigade 210.
7."Kampfgruppe Döhler" Einsatz am Oder - Brückenkopf 1945. Einsatzbericht einer Gruppe Luftwaffenhelfer und Volkssturm unter Führung eines Oberleutnants (Träger des Deutschen Kreuz in Gold) der Luftwaffe in Oberschlesien.
8.KTB nr. 8 der Fü. Abt. 20.Pz.Gren. Div., Ia. Vom 18.11.42 - 31.12.42. Einsatz im Raum: Witebsk, Gorodok, Newel, usw.
9."CHRONIK DER STURMGESCHÜTZ BRIGADE 276" Erlebnisberichte, die von Kameraden der Sturmgeschütz-Brigade 276 persönlich erlebt und geschrieben worden sind.

Tony Williams

Post by Tony Williams » 11 Aug 2006, 05:30

Tony Williams wrote:
Tony Williams wrote:Five books on military technology so far:

'Rapid Fire: the Development of Automatic Cannon, Heavy Machine Guns and their Ammunition for Armies, Navies and Air Forces'

'Flying Guns: Development of Aircraft Guns, Ammunition and Installations' in three volumes (co-authored with Emmanuel Gustin): World War 1 (1914-32); World War 2 (1933-45) and The Modern Era (since 1945).

'Assault Rifle: the Development of the Modern Military Rifle and its Ammunition' (co-authored with Maxim Popenker) which covers WW2 developments as well as those since.

Also, a novel of an alternative WW2 'The Foresight War'. This starts with the assumption that a British military historian from the present day wakes up one morning in 1934, with proof that he comes from the future. How might events happen differently? Especially if the same thing happened to a German historian...

Details of all books and how to get them are on my website, where I have also posted a lot of articles, many of them dealing with WW2 technology (especially guns and ammunition).
The Foresight War has collected a number of reviews, so I've posted them all here: http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/TFWreviews.htm
Reviews updated, HERE. You can also read the first chapter on-line, there's a link from my website.

Tony Williams: Military gun and ammunition website and discussion forum

joerookery

Post by joerookery » 14 Aug 2006, 19:50

Neumann & Müller Imperial German Military Catalogues: A Resource for Collectors and Historians

http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/It ... okid=38699

The book is now available for purchase from the publisher. We finally have our copies. It is better than expected. The large format 8.5 x 11 flexicover is bigger than the original thus the printing is clear and easy to read. Really better than the originals. If you collect ANYTHING imperial I think this is a must have resource. It will be available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble's and other booksellers in a matter of weeks. The cost from the publisher, AuthorHouse, $28.99 and is three dollars less than the retail price. the ISBN is 1425938760 . Randy Trawnik who wrote the forward called Neumann -- "the wonder disk."

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 08 Sep 2006, 22:21

out of co author of "the Uniformed Police Forces of the III Reich"
in french, a serie of articles

- Selbstschutzverein. Les milices de la communauté allemande de Police en Silésie, Posnanie et Prusse Occidentale 1939 1940
i]militia of the german community in west poland [/i]
in Revue d'histoire des conflits contemporains 1991
- Ordnungspolizei en 1940 : l'exemple de la Lorraine Annexée
example of the occupied lorraine
39/45 Magazine 1999
- Le Gouvernement General de Pologne (I)
General gouvernement of Poland 39/45 Magazine 2001
- Curt Daluege chef de l'ordnungspolizei (I)
39/45 magazine 2004
- Alfred Wunnenberg (II)
39/45 magazine 2006

to be published :
Le gouvernement general de Pologne (II)

in preparation :
Protectorate of Bohemia Moravia
Technische Nothilfe

AJK

Post by AJK » 03 Oct 2006, 03:47

In addition to "The Wehrmacht at War" (published by Aspekt) and "The Hungarian Army and its Military Leadership in WWII" (Axis Europa), I have self-published the following books:

“The Fallen Generals”

“The Fallen Generals” documents the Generals of the German Armed Forces who died during Wrld War II and in its aftermath. Almost 900 officers of General rank ended their lives during the fateful years 1939 - 1945 or in the years immediately following, some falling in battle, some committing suicide, while others were executed or died in prison camps as the victorious Allies meted out their punishment on the defeated Wehrmacht. It is a compilation of data collected from wide-ranging sources, and provides an analysis of the losses, as well as a listing of the Generals and the circumstances of their demise.

“The Royal Hungarian Armed Forces, 1919 - 1945"

This book provides a vital reference document for any historian interested in the order of battle of Hungary’s military forces. It is the result of research materials obtained in both Europe and the USA and is one of the very few books available on the subject in the English language. The book has won high praise from the World Federation of Hungarian Veterans and from military historians world-wide.

Besides a chronological listing of the holders of the highest posts in High Command and Defense Ministry, and field commanders down to Brigade level, the book contains biographical information on over 600 Generals of the Royal Hungarian Army.

“La Regia Marina, 1919 - 1945"

“La Regia Marina” presents the order of battle of the Royal Italian Navy during the period following World War I up to the end of the Second World War. The book contains a chronological listing of the commanders of the major naval commands, brief histories of the ships of the Navy, and also includes biographical details of over 200 Admirals of the Regia Marina.

“The Armed Forces of Latvia, 1918 - 1940"

This book is a rarity, being the only English-language history of the Armed Forces of the little-known Republic of Latvia from the time of its independence in 1918 to its occupation by the Soviet Union in 1940. The book explains how the fledgling Latvian Army fought for its nation’s independence and the describes the development of the Army during the years that followed. Also included is a chronological listing of the commanders of the High Command and the field units down to Regiment level, as well as details of the military careers of all the senior officers.

“The Luftwaffe 1935 - 1945",

“The Luftwaffe 1935 - 1945" presents the order of battle of the German Air Force from the time of its “uncloaking”in1935 to the end of World War II. The book contains a chronological listing of the commanders of the major air commands, details of the lesser air units, and also includes biographical details of the of the senior Generals of the Luftwaffe (Generalfeldmarschall, Generaloberst, General der Flieger).

“Between Kaiser and Führer"

“Between Kaiser and Führer" deals with the German Army (Reichswehr) during the period 1919 - 1933, that is to say, between the end of World War I (the end of the Kaiser’s reign) and the beginning of Hitler’s Third Reich. Through the Treaty of Versailles, the victorious allies imposed severe restrictions on the size and structure of the German Army, yet even before Hitler came to power and began disregarding the terms of the treaty, the Reichswehr already was preparing for a future return to strength. This book presents the order of battle of the Reichswehr, and contains biographical details of the Generals that led the German Army during this time of rebuilding.

Regards,

Andris J. Kursietis

Richard Hargreaves

Post by Richard Hargreaves » 12 Oct 2006, 09:35

The Germans in Normandy has now been published and should be in the shops in a couple of days here in the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Germans-Normand ... F8&s=books

I have to say I did open the box with childlike-feverish excitement when it arrived yesterday.

The finished article looks so much better than the drafts and the proofs. To have an actual book to hold rather than sheets of paper makes a world of difference.

I'd be interested in feedback, and for any corrections. There's likely to be a paperback edition so I might be able to slip in the corrections although I'm not planning any wholesale revision.

ResearcherF

Post by ResearcherF » 29 Jan 2007, 12:13

You might like to look at http://www.morienval.com. I have just published a book called The Grand Prix Saboteurs, a true story of three Grand Prix racing drivers who fought with Colonel Maurice Buckmaster's French Section of the Special Operations Executive.

Darren J. Whiteside

Post by Darren J. Whiteside » 26 Feb 2007, 02:12

Good day all,

I would like to take this opportunity and introduce to everyone my new book, Rampant Lion , chronicling the life of Eduard Ritter von Schleich, the WWI flying ace. It has taken some five years to get to this point, and I have to say that I am quite excited about the finished product! At this point I would like to describe the book in detail, in order to let all of you all know what has been included between the covers:

Product Details:

Hardcover: 389 pages
Author: Darren J. Whiteside
Publisher: A & S Publishing (March 31st, 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-13: 978-0-9791946-0-3
ISBN-10: 0-9791946-0-1
Product Dimensions: 8.75 x 5.75 x 1.25 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.50 pounds
Price: $29.95 US

The book contains the following:

1) Over 150 black/white and color photos - some never before published.
2) The most complete list to date of von Schleich’s aerial victories, developed from his military records, personal accounts, and combat reports. Victims are mentioned when known. Maps are also included showing the claim locations.
3) Many translated personal narratives, written by von Schleich himself, regarding his many aerial combats. His flight in a captured French Spad, a dogfight where he was out-numbered 24 to 1, and his ‘triplet’ (when he scored three victories during a single engagement), are just some of his exploits covered.
4) A comprehensive listing of all military assignments, which spanned nearly 40 years. His awards and decorations have also been assessed during this same period.
5) Von Schleich’s post war and World War II careers are covered in detail, including many interesting facts about the early German airlines, as well as the birth of the German Air Force (the Luftwaffe).
6) His friends and acquaintances over the years are discussed at length, presenting a human side to this sometimes larger-then-life military figure.
7) The military units he commanded are examined thoroughly. The reader will get to know not only the structure of these units, but also a little about his flying companions from both world wars.
8) His family background, social affairs, and professional aspirations are also given fair treatment, with many new revelations regarding both the personal difficulties and triumphs of the ‘Black Knight’.
9) Thorough note sections, a bibliography, and a complete index are provided, allowing the reader to cross-reference a great majority of information presented in the text.

Please visit my website at http://www.rittervonschleich.com for a short biography on von Schleich, along with book ordering information. I accept PayPal, money orders, and certified checks. No personal checks please.

If you have already visited my website, you will notice that I plan to donate ALL my profits to the United States Civil Air Patrol. This is a very good youth organization, teaching children about both the theory and practice of flight, along with educating them about the rich history of aviation. I owe much of who I am today to this organization.

I am currently offering my book for an introductory price of $24.95 US to all who purchase it during the pre-publication phase. My printer has informed me that the book will be ready by mid to late March of this year. I am also offering FREE shipping for all US orders (media mail only). International orders will be shipped Global Priority at a reduced cost of $6.50 US during this period as well.

My business email address is [email protected]

Thank you for your time,

Darren
Attachments
Book Cover.jpg
Book Cover.jpg (57.87 KiB) Viewed 4652 times
Last edited by Darren J. Whiteside on 26 Feb 2007, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.

HaEn
In memoriam

Chameleon

Post by HaEn » 11 Mar 2007, 06:47

Wolfkin wrote:Hello HaEn!

Glad to see that your book will be published soon. You talked about it before on another thread and I remember about the style that you chose to write the book in, you said on how you wrote it as more of a story than as an autobiography. I am curious as to why this format? Was it easier to write in a story-format than as an autobiography-format?

I am curious because most WWII Veterans have always written about their experiences in an autobiography-format or as a memoir-format or something along those lines. Having your book as a story-format is indeed interesting. Is it explained in your book that you are indeed a veteran or do you choose to not reveal that fact?

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Hi Wolfkin,
It's meanwhile 2007 march, and it still has not been printed.
In the mean time the format has been changed from a "story" (fly on the wall looking in) ", to an semi autobiography.
It also has been reduced in volume from over 700 pages, to about 450.
Look at my post of today in this section, and you'll be up to date again.
Thanks for your post.
HN

PanzerPeter

My Books

Post by PanzerPeter » 14 May 2007, 22:05

Hello all
My book about the Heinkel He 162 is published in German and English. Reading samples on my homepage. It is a source edition with many original (not translated) documents. It covers devlopment, production and action of the "Volksjaeger".

My second book "Sturmgeschuetz III" (Assault Gun) is finished in German and is being translated by a professional translator, and will be published fall 07. Reading samples in German on my homepage. This documentation will cover history and appearance in two volumes, and will help historians, modellers and people restoring the real thing to understand devloppment and production and to identify the subjects in a montly accuracy.

Peter Mueller
http://www.historyfacts.biz

PS: working on vol 2 of the sturmgeschutz book and a source edition of the Speer documents

Semenov

book

Post by Semenov » 23 May 2007, 20:24

Hello!
News from Russia. New book about W-SS.
http://www.bearbooks.ru/book.asp?id=578963

Dsotm

The Panther Project - Vol 1: Drivetrain and Hull

Post by Dsotm » 27 Jun 2007, 23:04

The Research Squad is proud to announce their first book in collaboration with The Wheatcroft Collection.
The first book in this series covering the complete restoration of a Panther A will go to print this week and should be on sale in 2-3 weeks. Sample pages can now be seen at the website here http://www.theresearchsquad.com/books.html In full colour on high quality stock with 88 pages and 370+ images it covers radiator, engine and fighting compartments, with additional sections on the turret, fixtures and fittings, recent developments, dead and (not so) dead Panthers, and a sneak preview of our next publication.

Edit* Link works now - was missing tags :)

Last edited by Dsotm on 28 Jun 2007, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle Joe
Banned

Post by Uncle Joe » 28 Jun 2007, 03:26

Can´t access your Panther page, it says "access denied".

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”