Books published by members

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Marcus

Re: Books published by members

Post by Marcus » 01 Mar 2008, 11:45

Best of luck with your new book Kamen.

Let me know when it is available through Amazon and I'll add it to the AHF bookstore.

/Marcus

mars

Post by mars » 01 Mar 2008, 18:27

Kamen Nevenkin wrote:Hello Mars,

Fire Brigades could be purchased directly from the publisher - J. J. Fedorowicz. The price is USD 95, but a pre-pub offer is running now for a limited time (till the end of March) - USD 85. The book will be available and ready for shipping at the begining of April.

Here is the link to that information:

http://www.jjfpub.mb.ca/fire_brigades.htm

All the best
Kamen
Thanks, Kamen, I will definitely buy one when it became available

Kunikov

Post by Kunikov » 01 Mar 2008, 23:03

Looks very impressive Kamen, I'll be putting in my order for a copy soon.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 02 Mar 2008, 19:22

NOW AVAILABLE

See also
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 8&t=116411

Deutschlands Generale und Admirale.
Schulz, Andreas / Zinke, Dieter
Die Generale der Waffen-SS und der Polizei 1933-1945.
Teil V: Band 3: L-PL (Lammerding-Plesch)
Die militärischen Werdegänge der Generale einschließlich der Ärzte, Veterinäre, Intendanten, Richter und Ministerialbeamten im Generalsrang.

Format 24x17 cm. Osnabrück 1988 ff.
XI, 725 Seiten mit zahlreichen Porträts,
Bissendorf 2007.

ISBN 3-7648-2375-5. € 86,00

Der vorliegende 3. Band der Reihe setzt das erfolgreiche Konzept fort und bringt insbesondere durch Erschließung weiterer Quellen in Archiven, Museen und in Privatbesitz eine Fülle von bisher weitgehend unbekanntem Material unter Einschluss von Portraits zur Veröffentlichung. Das macht die umfangreichen Biografien der dargestellten Generale noch exklusiver und bedingt zwangsläufig auch eine Ausweitung der Nachträge, Ergänzungen und Korrekturen zu den Beiträgen in den Bänden 1 und 2 auf nunmehr über 170 Seiten. Die Daten von drei weiteren Persönlichkeiten mussten zusätzlich aufgenommen werden, nachdem auch hier erstmalig entsprechende Fakten gesichert werden konnten. So sind erneut über 700 Seiten geballte Information zusammengekommen in einer Ausgabe, die den Anspruch erhebt, sich als Standardwerk in dieser so komplexen Materie zu etablieren.

Andreas Schulz & Dieter Zinke

Qvist

Post by Qvist » 05 Mar 2008, 21:12

Congratulations Kamen, this looks like wonderful work.

cheers

krichter33

Post by krichter33 » 10 Mar 2008, 05:51

I'm excited your new book has come out Dieter, but I'm also still waiting for the new Ritterkreuztrager and Pour le Merite books. But Biblio Verlag never emails be back. It's quite frustrating.

mars

Post by mars » 03 Apr 2008, 01:10

Fire Brigades could be purchased directly from the publisher - J. J. Fedorowicz. The price is USD 95, but a pre-pub offer is running now for a limited time (till the end of March) - USD 85. The book will be available and ready for shipping at the begining of April.

All the best
Kamen
Now this books is available at the publisher's site, I just ordered one

Kunikov

Post by Kunikov » 03 Apr 2008, 05:56

mars wrote:

All the best
Kamen
Now this books is available at the publisher's site, I just ordered one
I got notified today that my copy was sent out :)
"Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest violence." Jewish proverb
"This isn't Paris, you will not get through here with a Marching Parade!" Defenders of Stalingrad

David C. Clarke
In memoriam

Post by David C. Clarke » 24 Apr 2008, 03:49

You won't be disappointed by Kamens book--trust me on this!!! As for JJF prices, well, Kamen's book is worth every cent of it.

But, it is sad to think that this potential classic will be limited to those who can afford it. It should be one of those books available by price to anyone interested in late-war Panzer divisions, including the newbies to the hobby.

Very Best,
David

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 25 May 2008, 01:23

One of our new members Rebecca Cantrell has written several books (fiction) set in Germany in the 1930s. You can read excerpts from Rebecca's novels on her website.

http://rebeccacantrell.com/

Apparently her next book is to be set in 1934 and incorprate The Night of The Long Knives.
The truth is that you're a quiet, sensitive type, but if I'm prepared to take a chance I might just get to know the inner you: witty, adventurous, passionate, loving, loyal, a little bit crazy, a little bit bad, but, hey, don't us girls just love that?

Art
Forum Staff

Post by Art » 06 Aug 2008, 11:03

We need a new topic "Books published by moderators". There are news that "Zabitiy front Stalina" (Stalin's forgotten front") by Bair Irincheev is in print:
Definitely in my "need to buy" list.
Congratulations!

Kunikov

Post by Kunikov » 06 Aug 2008, 16:32

Is Bair's book available already? I can't seem to find it...
"Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest violence." Jewish proverb
"This isn't Paris, you will not get through here with a Marching Parade!" Defenders of Stalingrad

Art
Forum Staff

Post by Art » 06 Aug 2008, 17:02

Not yet.

Mark C. Yerger
In memoriam

Post by Mark C. Yerger » 09 Aug 2008, 15:51

Working now (summer 2008) on vol. 5 of my series on SS/Police German Cross in Gold holders for Bender Publishing. Vol. 3 released this summer with vol. 4 design done and expected end of this year. A lot of volumes to go, this series is my final writing project.

RichTO90

Post by RichTO90 » 21 Sep 2008, 14:19

Hi all,

My book Cracking Hitler's Fortress Europe, which is an account of the first hours of D-Day and the operations of the 1st Assault Brigade Royal Engineers and the other Commonwealth and American engineers and their supporting units, is to be published by Stackpole Books in early fall 2009. I am finishing the text right now and am hunting for photographs and working with my mapmaker. I would appreciate any leads to good photographic sources members might have for me.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”