Kingtiger Lovers Alert!!

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
David C. Clarke
In memoriam

Kingtiger Lovers Alert!!

Post by David C. Clarke » 29 Aug 2002, 03:28

Hey Guys, it's been out a while, but I just got around to it. I just wanted to tip my fellow KingTiger lovers that the JJF book "Schwere Panzer Abteilung 503" contains some really exceptional accounts of the unit's actions in Hungary with the big bad beast. Photo coverage isn't as good as in a lot of JJF books, (particularly of the Kingtiger, its better for the unit's Tiger Is), but the veterans of this unit really put their hearts into the text of this book.
(I probably shouldn't say this because of the thread on the tank in the "Equipment" forum, but if you read the accounts of the Kingtigers in Hungary, you suddenly discover why this tank was needed by late 1944--
it takes a lickin' and keeps on Kickin'!) Best Regards, David :D

HJ Division Grenadier

Post by HJ Division Grenadier » 17 Sep 2002, 23:06

Sounds good.
Is it along the same lines as...Armor battle of the waffen ss 43-45, by Will Fey?

David C. Clarke
In memoriam

Yes

Post by David C. Clarke » 18 Sep 2002, 01:38

Hi HJ, yes it is similar, but tighter-organized to follow the dates of events.
There are many recollections by actuakl crewmen--in fact, that is really what the book is. It's a very good book, only the photo content is less than spectacular. Best Regards, David :D

HJ Division Grenadier

Post by HJ Division Grenadier » 18 Sep 2002, 14:07

I think I will put it on my Christmas list of presents :lol:
Armor battles in also true accounts from crew, but it also has great photos as well.

Matt Gibbs

Its expensive!

Post by Matt Gibbs » 18 Sep 2002, 20:22

I looked over the book and was inpressed, despite the expense. If there are any UK members interested in the book, I recieve a catalogue from the importersa nd if we could get together a bigish order, well, more than 3 copies at least i may be able to get them at a discout. I can at least try, so anyone interested either leave a responce or a PM to et me know your level of interest, I'll try and get a price but i don't really want to oreder some and be left with them - I am sure you know what I mean :D

I may well be able to get 20% off to give you an idea of the saving, specially when it is a RRP £65 +

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Takao

Liked to Help you out, BUT...

Post by Takao » 19 Sep 2002, 17:37

I grabbed my copy shortly after it was published. It is an excellent book and I highly recommend acquiring a copy, especially if you are a Tiger buff. The companion volume on the 508th I also strongly recommend.

David C. Clarke
In memoriam

Hi Matt

Post by David C. Clarke » 20 Sep 2002, 04:29

Hi Matt, that's very generous of you. I hope that plenty of people take you up on the offer, the book is good and even better at a discount.
Best Regards, David :D

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”