Generals.dk - Major Update

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Fallschirmjäger

Thanks

Post by Fallschirmjäger » 28 Oct 2006, 04:57

Why are there no ones for the luftwaffe and waffen ss generals though,and will there ever be too?,but great site still,thanks.

Steen Ammentorp

Post by Steen Ammentorp » 28 Oct 2006, 08:59

All in good time - I am still missing about 3000 German Heer generals. However admittedly I have neglected the German section but it is only because there already are a lot of excellent sources for German generals, particular Mike's ABR, online that I have decided to give the other nations priority. Of course some day I will have to do something about it as the site is called The Generals of World War II!

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp
The Generals of World War II

HFK

Post by HFK » 03 Nov 2006, 21:33

Steen, You have done a magnificent job with the Japanese generals. I believe you now have almost all of them. However, the Japanese had a custom of promoting officers killed in battle 1 or 2 ranks. 5 or 6 colonels were killed at Nomonhan, in July 1939. I have them listed, and will send you their names. Next time you are anywhere near Texas, I will buy you a couple bottles of the best beer in the world, either Pilsner Urquell or Elephant Malt, your choice. Thanks again, Harry

Steen Ammentorp

Post by Steen Ammentorp » 06 Nov 2006, 17:24

Harry,

My apologies for not noticing your comment until now, unfortunately I know for sure that I am not yet near the goal with the Japanese generals, as they continue to surface. Plus I also need those of the judicial, intendancy, veterinary and medical services.

So far I haven't listed those who posthumously were promoted to generals. Regarding those died at Nomonhan I know that two were posthumously promoted to Major-General after being KIA and two after suicide.

Thank you for the offer on a beer. I will take you up on it when I get to Texas. Knowing the Pilsner Urquell I think I will try the Elephant Malt ;-)

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp

Steen Ammentorp

Post by Steen Ammentorp » 07 Nov 2006, 20:39

So I have finally finish changing the Romanization of the Chinese names to Pinyin. The database is at 16472 generals and I have added an additional 116 pictures.

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp

79seconds

Post by 79seconds » 10 Nov 2006, 16:53

Great job Steen! Follow your update closely.

Steen Ammentorp

Post by Steen Ammentorp » 22 Jan 2007, 17:46

I made an update yesterday bringing the total of generals up to 16598 generals. I have also added a lot of information to several of the existing entries, primarily on the Chinese, Japanese and Soviet generals. I have also added some hundred new pictures – including pictures of all the Danish generals during the war.

Again I have to thank the numerous forum members who have helped me. Thank you very much.

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp

Troy Tempest

Post by Troy Tempest » 21 Feb 2007, 04:07

Hi Steen, great site mate! How come you don't cover Luftwaffe or Waffen-SS Generals? I was trying to find out how many SS generals there were in the war, but couldn't find help on your site. Would you be able to steer me somewhere else please? Thanks for any help you can offer! :D

Troy

Steen Ammentorp

Post by Steen Ammentorp » 21 Feb 2007, 15:32

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the kind words. The reason I don't cover Luftwaffe and Waffen-SS Generals (yet) is mostly a question of time. I simply have to stay reasonable focused otherwise it will become to sporadic. For the same reason no generals from the USMC or the Soviet VVS is covered (yet). To find the information you are looking for either pose a question here on the Forum or take a look a the Axis Biographical Research site. You will find a link to it on the top of the page.

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp

Troy Tempest

Post by Troy Tempest » 21 Feb 2007, 16:46

Thank you Steen, I have posted the question where you suggested!

Troy

Steen Ammentorp

Post by Steen Ammentorp » 27 Feb 2007, 20:05

Today there has been another major update, with a lot of additional information on the British Commonwealth, Japanese and Soviet generals. In the Soviet section I have started adding the generals of the VVS (Air Force) thus bringing the total number of generals listed in the database up to 16754.

Enjoy.

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp

Steen Ammentorp

Post by Steen Ammentorp » 06 Jun 2007, 22:56

After four months I have finally made a HUGE update. The total number of generals is now 17364. I have added all the Soviet Air Force (VVS) generals and a LOT of information has been added to the Australian, British, Bulgarian, Canadian, French, Italian, Japanese, New Zealand, Soviet and US sections. Numerous pictures have also been added.

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp

Steen Ammentorp

Post by Steen Ammentorp » 15 Aug 2007, 16:36

An update was made last night bringing the number of generals in the database up to 17409. Additional information was added to numerous generals from several nations. A lot pictures were also added bringing the number of entries with a photo up to over a 1000.

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 15 Aug 2007, 16:47

generalderpanzertruppen wrote:Hi Steen, great site mate! How come you don't cover Luftwaffe or Waffen-SS Generals? I was trying to find out how many SS generals there were in the war, but couldn't find help on your site. Would you be able to steer me somewhere else please? Thanks for any help you can offer! :D

Troy
Dear Troy,

As well as Steen's excellent biographical website I also suggest Mike Miller's Axis Biographical Research which has information on Luftwaffe and Waffen SS generals, Admirals from the Kriegsmarine, Generals of Police and SA, and also Party Gauleiters.

Here is the link: http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/index2.html (you have to scroll down to about halfway down the page)

Great updates Steen, your Generals of World War II website has improved greatly over the past 12 months with all the extra photographs and additions.

Kind regards.

Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 16 Aug 2007, 06:22

I've found many Korean names in the lists of Huangpu Military Academy in the above Chinese site.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”