AUFKLÄRUNGSGRUPPE 124 history book?

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Vance Pollock

AUFKLÄRUNGSGRUPPE 124 history book?

Post by Vance Pollock » 07 May 2005, 03:06

Does anyone know where I might find a copy of the following book for sale?

DIE CHRONIK DER 1. STAFFEL (F) AUFKLÄRUNGSGRUPPE 124 ****
Werner Fehse
(ISBN not used) - (own) Werner Fehse, Köln, Germany - (1st) Pages 251 - Photos 350 - Format A4 - Softcover - German text
History of Fernaufklärungsstaffel 1.(F)/AGr 120 who were mostly based in Scandinavia. 1999.

Larry D.

Post by Larry D. » 07 May 2005, 13:44

There are at least 6 major book search websites. Start with the ones below and something will turn up.

http://www.abebooks.com/
http://www.alibris.com/

Vance Pollock

Post by Vance Pollock » 10 May 2005, 21:31

I know most of the tricks for locating books... but all have failed on this title thus far. I could not even find a library listing in US or Germany. I suspect it was done on a very small scale and if no militaria book sellers have it I would likely need to get in touch with the author/publisher. I have sent a postcard to the only such person found in the Cologne phone directory. We'll see how that pans out... in the meantime, anyone here with a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Also, I see it is titled as Chronik of the 124th but in the description it is called a history of the 120th (in which I am interested). Which is it, if anyone is familiar?

Larry D.

Post by Larry D. » 11 May 2005, 00:12

You are right.

I tried this site (http://www.sfb.at/) which lists 100-million books. There were a lot of entries under Werner Fehse for a German language book about high temperature electrical ovens, but not about 1.(F)/124.

1.(F)/120 and 1.(F)/124 were two completely different long-range reconnaissance units. The former operated from south and central Norway over Scotland, The Shetlands, The Faeroes and Iceland. The later was based in north Norway and Finland and operated over The Barrents Sea, The Arctic, Murmansk, and as far east as the White Sea and Novaya Zemlya. The latter never flew any missions to Iceland.

When you first asked about the Werner Fehse book I must admit that I was perplexed why you would have an interest in 1.(F)/124 when it seemed like your interests rested exclusively in Iceland.

If you are still interested in Fehse, then my suggestion would be to try the big aviation book dealer in Munich, Christian Schmidt. His daughter, Gabi, is wonderful to deal with and could try and locate the book for you. Schmidt listed it in their catalog when it first came out several years ago.

--Larry

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”