Book Review #3: SS Encyclopedia

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
sniper1shot

Book Review #3: SS Encyclopedia

Post by sniper1shot » 09 Jun 2005 04:22

Title: Waffen SS Encyclopedia
Author: Marc J. Rikmenspoel
Publisher: Aberjona Press
ISBN: 0-9717650-8-1
Stars: 5
(Out of 5)
Ok, this is the last review until I finish a few more books.....anyone got any titles, LOL
OK, I found this book really well done and to the point. I would say it is more along the research type of book, as it is NOT a memoir or not really a story.
The chapters cover everything I would want to know about the SS. SS units, weapons used, Bio's on major characters (brief but with good information, and a good read). How the SS DIV were broken down and of course where the Divisions fought, and how they ended the war. One of the chapters covers all the countries that supplied volunteers to the German elite units and has a break down of wounded/killed and what happened to the soldiers at wars end. This is a really good read in my mind.
Most of the photos have not been seen by me. I found myself going back to this book to re-read certain chapters to help explain other books. I know I will be using this book to compliment later books.
Highly recommended as a research book.

Marc Rikmenspoel

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel » 09 Jun 2005 04:27

I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the positive comments!

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 25 Jun 2005 16:23

No matter how much anyone believes they know, they are sure top learn something new from reading this book. This is an excellent reference book that belongs in everyone's library.

John

Martin Månsson
Financial supporter

Post by Martin Månsson » 26 Jun 2005 09:19

I can only second to what John wrote! It's an excellent book that both newbies and advanced researchers can learn from.

Best
Martin

Miha Grcar

Post by Miha Grcar » 26 Jun 2005 13:55

I'm ordering it the next time I buy new books! :P

best,
Miha / Nibelung

Shc

Post by Shc » 11 Jul 2005 11:19

Marc Rikmenspoel wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the positive comments!
Indeed!
Marc, you deserve all the praise you get for this outstanding book!!!

~Shc~

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”