Grabmeldeplakette?

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Dan Mouritzsen

Grabmeldeplakette?

Post by Dan Mouritzsen » 21 Aug 2017, 19:12

Hi

I need some help. We have found 3 Grabmeldeplakette at Silkeborg Bad here in Denmark and I can't find any info on Google.

Can anyone of you help with further info on use, who had them, and is there any possible chance to find out who WGO 95 was? (WGO=Wehrmachtgräber-Offizier).

Enclosed photos are only samples from the net!

Dan.
Attachments
Gem 2.jpg
Gem 2.jpg (60.26 KiB) Viewed 897 times
Gem 1.jpg

Waleed Y. Majeed

Re: Grabmeldeplakette?

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 21 Aug 2017, 21:27

Hej Dan!

Apparently a registration mark for graves
"outside" normal graveyards and/or not
possible to move at the time.

Try typing "gemeldet+wgo" for more examples
as this site also mentions. Should also answer
or lead you pn to more info
http://www.schatzsucher.de/Foren/showthread.php?t=42106

mvh
w

Dan Mouritzsen

Post by Dan Mouritzsen » 21 Aug 2017, 23:48

Hi Waleed

Thanks but -Been there - done that, no luck. it does not give the info we need to explain why the Grabmeldeplakette were found were they were found, as there are no graves there. Was it lost by the WGO, has they been used (If so the numbers must be in some archives, but were to search?) and was the WGO 95 connected to German HQ at Silkeborg Bad or the later German refugee camp there?

Dan

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 22 Aug 2017, 11:22

Die Stabsoffiziere für das Wehrmachtverlustwesen, vor allem die in ihren Bereichen tätigen Truppengräberoffiziere, hatten darauf zu achten, dass jedes Grab zunächst einmal mit einer runden Aluminiummarke gekennzeichnet war. Die oberer Zahl auf diesen Marken war die Nummer des jeweiligen Wehrmachtgräberoffiziers, während die untere Zahl der laufenden Nummer entsprach, unter der die Personalien des Toten in der Kartei des WGO's eingetragen war. Bei Sammel- und Kameradengräbern war für jeden Toten eine solche Marke anzubringen.
http://forum.panzer-archiv.de/viewtopic.php?t=9466
You've probably already been there but I think this explains what they are and maybe where to look for more.
Who number 95 is I can't say.

w

Return to “Other Equipment”