Hitlers Train

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
kenbac
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 26 Jul 2002 22:06
Location: Ireland

Hitlers Train

Post by kenbac » 04 Dec 2008 07:33

Does anyone have photos of Hitlers Train, especially the inside.
Do they exist?

ManfredV
Member
Posts: 394
Joined: 10 May 2005 10:55
Location: Pirmasens

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by ManfredV » 04 Dec 2008 14:36

A german book about gouvernement trains from 19th century to now:
http://www.geramond.de/titel-7070-regie ... ege_0.html

kenbac
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 26 Jul 2002 22:06
Location: Ireland

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by kenbac » 04 Dec 2008 15:10

Thanks for that.
Have you seen the book yourself?


kenbac
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 26 Jul 2002 22:06
Location: Ireland

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by kenbac » 05 Dec 2008 18:52

Thanks punkyto

Really apprecaited

User avatar
Grisu
Member
Posts: 734
Joined: 14 Oct 2007 13:28
Location: Austria

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by Grisu » 07 Dec 2008 17:10

Can anyone identify this train station? Where is it?

User avatar
kstdk
Member
Posts: 4835
Joined: 10 Jan 2004 16:59
Location: Denmark

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by kstdk » 07 Dec 2008 18:08

Hello

It is said in the caption of the picture:

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/l? ... %26hl%3Dda

Linz, Austria - 1938

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

User avatar
Grisu
Member
Posts: 734
Joined: 14 Oct 2007 13:28
Location: Austria

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by Grisu » 07 Dec 2008 19:38

kstdk wrote:Hello

It is said in the caption of the picture:

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/l? ... %26hl%3Dda

Linz, Austria - 1938

Regards
Kurt
kstdk
Nice to see my presumption affirmed by the capitation :D Sorry I didn't see this myself, how stupid of me.
Anyway, thanks a lot for pointing it out, kstdk.

User avatar
Visionist
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: 20 May 2007 20:39
Location: Festung Europa

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by Visionist » 14 Jan 2009 18:02

Was Hitler's train armoured? Did it look like a conventional express or Intercity of the time?

User avatar
FireFoxy
Banned
Posts: 347
Joined: 07 Nov 2008 09:26
Location: Melbourne Austraila

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by FireFoxy » 15 Jan 2009 09:20

About Hitler's train, i have a question.
The french resistance planted dynaonite on tracks of armoured trains to blow them up!Was it possibale to plant dynaonite on the same tracks as Hitler's own private nazi train to blow it up?
V = VICTORY

kenbac
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 26 Jul 2002 22:06
Location: Ireland

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by kenbac » 15 Jan 2009 10:04

In the dramatised documentary “Killing Hitler”, the possibility of blowing up Hitler’s train was covered.
The plan was examined by the SOE, with little cooperation from the SIS and the findings were very negative.
The plan would entail a person waiting in a station and throwing a bomb underneath the train as it passed through.
However:
Hitler’s Train had no schedule.
Departure was only announced 30 minuets before hand
Routes were not published
Any attempt would have needed serious insider information with amazing good luck and speed of action to even have the remotest chance of success, and would lead to the inevitable death of the assassin.
Also the information the SOE had was very flawed as they had it that when Hitler travelled to the Berghof, he went by train to Salzburg and then by car. The train actually went to Berchtesgaden and he went the remaining 7/10 minuets by car from there. (This was not the only flawed information the SOE had on Hitler shown in the documentary).
Of course, we cannot take all that was in this documentary as being correct.

Regarding placing dynamite on the tracks, I expect the question of when and on which tracks would have been the problem.

User avatar
FireFoxy
Banned
Posts: 347
Joined: 07 Nov 2008 09:26
Location: Melbourne Austraila

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by FireFoxy » 16 Jan 2009 00:32

kenbac wrote:In the dramatised documentary “Killing Hitler”, the possibility of blowing up Hitler’s train was covered.
The plan was examined by the SOE, with little cooperation from the SIS and the findings were very negative.
The plan would entail a person waiting in a station and throwing a bomb underneath the train as it passed through.
However:
Hitler’s Train had no schedule.
Departure was only announced 30 minuets before hand
Routes were not published
Any attempt would have needed serious insider information with amazing good luck and speed of action to even have the remotest chance of success, and would lead to the inevitable death of the assassin.
Also the information the SOE had was very flawed as they had it that when Hitler travelled to the Berghof, he went by train to Salzburg and then by car. The train actually went to Berchtesgaden and he went the remaining 7/10 minuets by car from there. (This was not the only flawed information the SOE had on Hitler shown in the documentary).
Of course, we cannot take all that was in this documentary as being correct.

Regarding placing dynamite on the tracks, I expect the question of when and on which tracks would have been the problem.
Thanks for the input.
V = VICTORY

User avatar
Johnnyrocket
Financial supporter
Posts: 1742
Joined: 25 Jul 2005 19:14
Location: New York/Florida/Cleveland

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by Johnnyrocket » 07 Feb 2009 17:42

Nice thread.

Johnny R.

User avatar
FireFoxy
Banned
Posts: 347
Joined: 07 Nov 2008 09:26
Location: Melbourne Austraila

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by FireFoxy » 08 Feb 2009 02:04

Johnnyrocket wrote:Nice thread.

Johnny R.
arn't you going to answer or ask questions about Hitler's Train?

Passenger's on Hitler's train? Did Eva Braun and other women ever travel with Hitler?
V = VICTORY

User avatar
Vikki
Forum Staff
Posts: 3300
Joined: 08 Jul 2003 01:35
Location: Amerika

Re: Hitlers Train

Post by Vikki » 08 Feb 2009 07:23

FireFoxy wrote:
Johnnyrocket wrote:Nice thread.

Johnny R.
arn't you going to answer or ask questions about Hitler's Train?

Passenger's on Hitler's train? Did Eva Braun and other women ever travel with Hitler?

FireFoxy, your response to Johnnyrocket's comment was necessary.....why? Point it out to me, because I can't see the necessity for the rather blunt question.

~Vikki

Return to “Other Equipment”