I need help to Id. german equipment

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Sturm78
Member
Posts: 14530
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by Sturm78 » 30 Mar 2019 15:55

Hi Dave

A radio. Probably a Torn Fu b1

Sturm78

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 14530
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by Sturm78 » 10 Jul 2019 20:37

Hi all,

An 24Kw Maschinensatz 33 or 37 Flakscheinwerfer generator

Image from Ebay
Sturm78
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SIS 5
Member
Posts: 4062
Joined: 22 Nov 2006 17:27
Location: Germany

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by SIS 5 » 14 Jul 2019 22:14

Hi Sturm 78,

that´s a Maschinensatz 37. Here three pics of the Maschinensatz 33 for comparing (source of the pics: http://gvtm.ru/zenitnyy_prozhektor_siemens) and one of the Maschinensatz 37 on a postcard from 1941 (source: ebay).

Best regards

Bert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 14530
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by Sturm78 » 15 Jul 2019 22:37

Thank you very much for your help, Bert .. :)

I think I've never seen a wartime photo of a Maschinensatz 33...
Do you know the manufacturers of these generators ?

Regards
Sturm78

SIS 5
Member
Posts: 4062
Joined: 22 Nov 2006 17:27
Location: Germany

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by SIS 5 » 17 Jul 2019 15:01

Hi Sturm 78,

there is a 150 cm searchlight 42 with a Maschinensatz in the Wehrtechnikmuseum in Röthenbach / Pegnitz in Bavaria. The Maschinensatz was produced by AEG in Hennigsdorf near to Berlin, the engine a BMW 6 cylinder with 3800 ccm, the generator made by Lloyd-Dynamowerke in Bremen.
The Maschinensatz 8 kW had also a BMW engine, the Maschinensatz 12 kW was also produced by EWH (Elbtalwerk Heidenau) in Saxonia and the 20 kW Maschinensatz had a Daimler-Benz engine.
That´s all I could find.

Best regards

Bert

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 14530
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by Sturm78 » 26 Jul 2019 17:51

Thank you, Bert.. :wink:

Sturm78

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 14530
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by Sturm78 » 29 Jul 2019 12:04

Hi all,

Any idea about the exact purpose of this equipment ?
Flak equipment conectors ??

Image from Ebay
Sturm78
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 14530
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by Sturm78 » 01 Oct 2019 22:21

Hi all,

Any idea about this equipment ?

Image from Alamy website
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 14530
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by Sturm78 » 12 Oct 2019 10:20

Nobody for my last image ??

Well, here two images of Flak generators. I would say a more heavy model than Maschinensatz 37 or Maschinensatz 33...Any idea about the model?? :?

Sturm78
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
T. A. Gardner
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: 02 Feb 2006 00:23
Location: Arizona

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by T. A. Gardner » 13 Oct 2019 22:51

Sturm78 wrote:
29 Jul 2019 12:04
Hi all,

Any idea about the exact purpose of this equipment ?
Flak equipment conectors ??

Image from Ebay
Sturm78
The box in the foreground is almost certainly a power distribution box. I have no idea what the designation is, but I'm 99% certain that's what it's for.

I suspect the box sitting on the cases behind it is some kind of junction box for sound-powered telephones, or an intercom system.

No idea on what sort of unit is using them. Could be artillery, searchlight, flak, radar.

fireindi64
Member
Posts: 933
Joined: 14 May 2009 21:22
Location: Northern-Germany, Hamburg

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by fireindi64 » 14 Oct 2019 19:50

T. A. Gardner wrote:
13 Oct 2019 22:51
Sturm78 wrote:
29 Jul 2019 12:04
Hi all,

Any idea about the exact purpose of this equipment ?
Flak equipment conectors ??

Image from Ebay
Sturm78
The box in the foreground is almost certainly a power distribution box. I have no idea what the designation is, but I'm 99% certain that's what it's for.

I suspect the box sitting on the cases behind it is some kind of junction box for sound-powered telephones, or an intercom system.

No idea on what sort of unit is using them. Could be artillery, searchlight, flak, radar.
Hello all,
in my opinion its its not for elektric power than for the the rangefinder, so called Übertragungsgerät 37 for Kommandogerät 40.
it was used in AA batteries.
please have a look here, scroll to the bottom please.
http://www.bochumer-bunker.de/ubertragungsgerat.html

best regards Henning
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
T. A. Gardner
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: 02 Feb 2006 00:23
Location: Arizona

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by T. A. Gardner » 17 Oct 2019 20:32

fireindi64 wrote:
14 Oct 2019 19:50
T. A. Gardner wrote:
13 Oct 2019 22:51
Sturm78 wrote:
29 Jul 2019 12:04
Hi all,

Any idea about the exact purpose of this equipment ?
Flak equipment conectors ??

Image from Ebay
Sturm78
The box in the foreground is almost certainly a power distribution box. I have no idea what the designation is, but I'm 99% certain that's what it's for.

I suspect the box sitting on the cases behind it is some kind of junction box for sound-powered telephones, or an intercom system.

No idea on what sort of unit is using them. Could be artillery, searchlight, flak, radar.
Hello all,
in my opinion its its not for elektric power than for the the rangefinder, so called Übertragungsgerät 37 for Kommandogerät 40.
it was used in AA batteries.
please have a look here, scroll to the bottom please.
http://www.bochumer-bunker.de/ubertragungsgerat.html

best regards Henning
From the picture you posted:

the Kraftstromverteilerkasten translates as Power Distribution Box. It is shown hooked between the generator trailers and the guns. This would supply the power for operating the gun mounts, while the fire control computer at the rangefinder is powered by a separate smaller generator and has another distribution box to send that data to the guns.

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 14530
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by Sturm78 » 15 Nov 2019 17:10

Hi all,

Is this a Topfmine A ??

Image from Beeldbankwo2 archive
Sturm78
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SIS 5
Member
Posts: 4062
Joined: 22 Nov 2006 17:27
Location: Germany

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by SIS 5 » 16 Nov 2019 13:27

Hi Sturm 78,

I have some doubts, that the mine on Your pic ist the "Topfmine". Here a drawing and two pics of the "Topfmine A 4531" mine (source: Waffen-Arsenal Band 164 "Deutsche Landminen 1935 - 1945" by Wolfgang Fleischer.) for comparing. But I don´t know what mine it could be.

Best regards

Bert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ROLAND1369
Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 26 May 2007 15:22
Location: USA

Re: I need help to Id. german equipment

Post by ROLAND1369 » 16 Nov 2019 17:26

My best guess is that it is a modified Dutch T 40 prewar mine many of which were used by the Germans.

Return to “Other Equipment”