The Army Museum (Armádní muzeum) in Prague

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Kessler

The Army Museum (Armádní muzeum) in Prague

Post by Kessler » 23 Feb 2003 10:29

The Army Museum (Armádní muzeum) in Prague is well worth visiting. The time span exhibited is most interesting including the imperial times of Austria-Hungary 1871-1918 and of course the German occupation.

At the moment there is a special Reinhard Heydrich assasination theme for the obvious reason. Not too much equipment I´m afraid, just the compulsory T 34/85 and a Nebelwerfer to name a few but very nice 1/35 diodramas from WW2.

They had some heavy artillery at the gate last year but when I visited
the museum anew last month they had been taken to a new postion...

My signature can been found in the guestbook: I´m the one complaining
the presence of the Elefant (instead of Ferdinand) in the Kursk diodrama.

The museum is easy to get to: the nearest Metro station is Florenc; then take the bus to U Pamanitku. The museum lies on a hillside, you have to walk back (down) the street a little distance.

The Chech Republic also maintains an Aviation Museum in Kbely (w/ Me 262/Avia) and Military Technology Museum (JS 2 and 3, JSU 152, Mk IV I´ve been told) but they are only open during summer. More info can be obtained from: http//www.militarymuseum.cz
email: museum@army.cz

Tapani K.

Post by Tapani K. » 24 Feb 2003 09:08

Kessler, I have visited the place, too. It was some years ago and the only thing that I found lacking was that there was no information in English. OTOH, that is my fault, why did I not learn Czech before going there ;-)

Still, a fine museum.

regards,
tapani k.

Return to “Other Equipment”