Strange kind of camoflage....

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Aufklarung
Financial supporter

Post by Aufklarung » 28 Mar 2003 04:30

Hi Brig.
Nice Helmet. 8) yes that is a good example of "broken" Cam. There is no hard and fast rule but anything to break from solid white is useful. Only in the barren arctic have I used all white. And that was to hunt seals with the local inuit.
In the woods in winter, our lower body gets white cam 'cause we're walking thru snow. Our upper bodies are uncammed in solid green to blend with the trunks and lower branches. By this I mean tall trees. If you were to look into a tall pine forest in winter you would understand what this would make an erect soldier look like.
Brig wrote:I refer to pine trees when I state tree tops.

Terribly sorry, old bean, but I'm still not quite following you. :oops: Do you refer to those small scrub pine? There were some tall tree forests all over Russia too, you know.
good talking to ya
Regards
A :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brig

Post by Brig » 28 Mar 2003 12:25

8O DAMN! I'm starting to hate that white stuff

Yeah, I know the SS tended to swirl black in with the whitewash of their helmets at times. This helmet I posted is blue over the apple green. Very weird :?

ChristopherPerrien

Camelflage -field expedient method

Post by ChristopherPerrien » 29 Mar 2003 06:00

I met a Geman tanker back in 86 who said it best, "It gets very cold in Siberia"

Brig

Re: Camelflage -field expedient method

Post by Brig » 29 Mar 2003 16:00

ChristopherPerrien wrote:I met a Geman tanker back in 86 who said it best, "It gets very cold in Siberia"

sounds like he was a POW...

Very cold in Siberia...yeah, I guess that sounds about right :lol:

ChristopherPerrien

pow

Post by ChristopherPerrien » 29 Mar 2003 16:34

exactly

Return to “Other Equipment”