any evidence for use of the X 7 AT missile?

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
daveh

any evidence for use of the X 7 AT missile?

Post by daveh » 15 May 2003, 16:15

i have seen various photos and details for the X 7 anti tank missile, including on this forum. In several sources it is said that a number were isued for troop trials and that these showed that the X 7 could destroy soviet JS 2 tanks.
However I have never seen anything to show that these suggested trials did occur, the stories seem more like hear say than actual events. For example no actual documentation is given for units equipped, results achieved, details of weapons issued. or tactical lessons used etc.

Does anyone have concrete evidence for the use of the X7 in combat?

nox

my red riding hood

Post by nox » 20 May 2003, 20:21

The test of the rocket was made on September 21, 1944. In the tests 7 X-7 rockets took part. Because of the innovation of the project of the technique of rocket, the first four launching were completed by the collision of the rockets with the ground and their destruction.
For the two following ones, they were towards the goal but the engines of rocket explosed. The last Rotkappchen traversed all the distance until the goal, struck successfully at the distance 500 m the tank in full center .

daveh

Post by daveh » 21 May 2003, 14:02

Very interesting nox, thank you. I had previously not seen any information on the testing of the X7. Could you please tell me the source you used and if you have any further test info I would be most interested.

Mant thanks daveh

nox

Post by nox » 21 May 2003, 16:16

Return to “Other Equipment”