semi-urgent : translation re: ebay auction (hetzer parts)

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Xavier

semi-urgent : translation re: ebay auction (hetzer parts)

Post by Xavier » 25 May 2003, 21:02

Auf Grund des hohen Gewichts der Teile wäre bei der Abholung ( im Raum Bitburg )ein Kleinbus oder ein Geländewagen nötig.

Der Käufer bekommt -bei Bedarf- den Fundort der Teile und was es mit dem Panzer auf sich hatte mittgeteilt.

Bei den Panzerteilen habe ich auch ein Motor gefunden.

Ob der Motor zum Panzer gehört weiß ich leider nicht, der Käufer bekommt diesen dazu wenn er möchte.

Das Typenschild, am Motor, ist noch vollständig vorhanden.

what does it mean? is the tank still there? altavista translator is not very clear, but mentions somethign about the place or the armor remains

from http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 37374&rd=1

regards and thanks in advance

Xavier
the links crounger

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 25 May 2003, 21:11

He has found these parts + an engine, which he is not sure belongs to the parts. The buyer will be told where he found the parts.....

Erik

Xavier

x

Post by Xavier » 25 May 2003, 21:13

thanks for the fast respons Erik,

the seller mentions something about armor remains, and parting (mementos?) can you comment?

a very thankful Xavier :D

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 25 May 2003, 21:31

His description deosn`t tell much about what`s left out there, but as far as I can understand, there is more parts.......?(But he hasn`t described them)

Erik

Xavier

Post by Xavier » 25 May 2003, 21:34

thanks for the clarification Erik, I understand the seller's secrecy due to the ownership laws regarding armor in germany, anyway, I was outbidded by a few dollars.... :(

I will try to contact the winner of the auction to see what develops, just for the knowledge!!!

thanks again for your timely response!!!

Xavier
the link scrounger

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 25 May 2003, 21:52

And how were you gonna get those parts to Mexico???
Air-mail? :)

Erik

Xavier

x

Post by Xavier » 25 May 2003, 22:01

ownership of a tank is not possible in mexico :x
therefore, If i had won, and there was a tank... itwould be stored in the usa

air mail is out of the question, but a 40 feet container from europe to usa (texas) or mexico is only about 1400 usd including up to 350 kms of land travel in europe.

I have a trip to europe planed this summer, to have a look to some cranes (hydraulic, truck mounted crane) and had some prospects in holland and germany. parts would be transported ina ro-ro ship together with my crane and whatever I pick on my trip there.

If a tank was with the parts I have some friends in germany that could store it while I sorted the paperwork. long term proyect, as with all thing WWII related.

regards

Xavier
the link scrounger

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 25 May 2003, 22:07

Hmmm......

Seems like you do some serious collecting!

is my memory right if I say that you once were involved with buying a "Kettenkraftrad" ??

Erik

Xavier

x

Post by Xavier » 25 May 2003, 22:20

not yet there Erik!!

A couple years ago I became involved with the BBC team trying to dig the nedersee tiger, but black tape stopped us from going forward.

I am still searching for a pic of the tank I had before it completely sank on the lake's edge, complete with swimer on top!!!

A kettenkrad? no, not that is tooo small, but by what I have seen on some kettenkrad collectors websites, most parts need to be handmade!!! (a complete engine even surfaced, of all places in Austin Tx of all places a couple months back....

Since I love all things mechanichal , and own a complete mainteinance shop, with all metal fabrication and welding fixtures, and lots of tools, I have always been atracted to a WWII vehicle renovation, but not such luck yet

( I did an american half track a few years back, but it was a hack job, involving mountig a wrecker crane on the back!!)

if things go my way this year, I will try to get one of the kits advertised here:

http://www.kooblekar.com

regards

Xavier
the link scrounger

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 25 May 2003, 22:28

I will try to get one of the kits advertised here:
Nice! :D
Would be perfect for my bunker trips :lol:

Erik

Return to “Other Equipment”