Unknown objects ID help...

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
joro

Unknown objects ID help...

Post by joro » 04 Feb 2018 08:08

These are some objects (relics of WW2) that I found in a former battlefield of the Eastern Front of the Second World War, where the Axis (German & Romanian) forces (Army Group South Ukraine) fought the Soviet forces (the 2nd Ukrainian Front) in the Jassy–Kishinev Offensive .

I want to identify these objects !

The first object
(my "ideas": 1. piece from radio/phone equipment...; 2. "tow pin"...; 3. the handle from a MG..." ?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

joro

Re: Unknown objects ID help...

Post by joro » 05 Feb 2018 11:27

Maybe this page is not the right place to ask for informations like these ones... ;-(

Could someone tell me what page of this forum (sub-forum ...) to choose for information about the Axis relics from WW2 ... ? :?

Thank you .

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 05 Feb 2018 16:47

:lol: Joro, no answer does not mean no interest or wrong place to post. It just means no one who has seen your item has a clue to what it is... yet! I know the feeling of wanting an answer NOW and not least a correct answer. So instead of answering you with a "could be or might be etc" I suggest you simply leave it for now and give it time. One day you or someone else will see a similar item connected to something which will answer all your questions. Often not at all what you expected or hoped :wink:
Trust me, been there, done that, thought, hoped, wanted it to be... only to discover it was something totally different, not WW2 but non the less interesting!
You mentioned other items... can I/we see these too?

waleed

joro

Post by joro » 05 Feb 2018 20:52

Thank you !

I don't want the answers 'NOW' ! :D

I just want to be sure that I'm in the right place to ask for info/ID for objects like I said above .

SO, am I in the right place (page !)...to identify WW2 relics ?

There are about...19-20 objects (and a cartridge, too...probably a 7.92x57 Mauser BUT...)...I don't know if a single page is enough (the attachments...) . :?

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 05 Feb 2018 22:16

I would say you are in one of the best places for general knowledge on military items etc.
My suggestion would be either to post them all in one post or maybe even better divide the items into various groups. Depending on what you have, I would make a "page" or thread for each group, example Find 1: weaponry (shell cases, cartridges, gun parts etc), Find 2: personal items (medals, buttons etc.). Find 3: etc. and so on... This would make it easier for the different experts to see and comment on what you have instead of going through all the items/images (some might consider rubbish) before they find the item of interest. Hope you understand... :roll: It will also be easier/less confusing for you and orhers to keep track of questions and answers.
As an amateur "finder" I'm looking forward to seeing much more and hopefully being able to help too.
If a moderator or member objects to weapons etc. being in the "other items" sections, I'm sure the will help in suggesting other sections or even transfer the postings to correct sections. Give it a try, I'm sure no one will "kill" you for slight mistakes 8-)

waleed

joro

Post by joro » 06 Feb 2018 00:11

Thank you .

Ok...but which page ('theme') of this forum is the best to start ? As you expect...I would like the best..."exposure", to be easily found (for a good 'communication' / feedback...); the 'general' title (theme) would be WW2 relics (mainly Axis relics) . :o :wink:

joro

Post by joro » 07 Feb 2018 15:05

So, what page to choose to start the topic with WW2 relics (mainly unidentified AXIS relics...) ?

- AXIS EQUIPMENT/Small Arms ?
- AXIS EQUIPMENT/Other Equipment ?
- MILITARIA & COLLECTING/Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria ?
- Other page...? ! :?

Return to “Other Equipment”