Lauster Wargel LW-6 & LW-7?

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
ArmchairSamurai

Lauster Wargel LW-6 & LW-7?

Post by ArmchairSamurai » 29 Dec 2019 03:15

Hello all. I came across the following two images and cannot find any information to accompany them, not even the original photographs which were used. They bear similarities to the Lauster Wargel LW-5 and are clearly marked on the images as (perhaps) later versions of the vehicle (class). I get the feeling they were likely very insignificant prototypes to be so well undocumented, that is, unless I am looking in the wrong places. Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.

SIS 5

Re: Lauster Wargel LW-6 & LW-7?

Post by SIS 5 » 30 Dec 2019 16:28

Hi armchairsamurai,

sorry, I couldn´t find any information about the LW 6 vehicle, but about the second vehicle in the book "Kraftfahrzeuge und Panzer der Reichswehr, Wehrmacht und Bundeswehr ab 1900" by Werner Oswald. The vehicle on Your second pic had the designation LW 7/II E "Motorschürfwagen". It was built 1944/45 as a scraper for building frontline airstrips. The "E" of the designation is standing for the diesel-electric engine. Width and height of each drum: 2,4 meters, length of the vehicle 11,6 m, width 2,4 m, height 3,3 m, the weight 14 tons and the volume of the bucket nearly 10 cubic metres. Probably this vehicle was not in action. Here the pic of this vehicle in this book. Interesting that on this pic You can see the driver, on Your pic he is removed.

Regards

Bert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ArmchairSamurai

Post by ArmchairSamurai » 30 Dec 2019 21:28

SIS 5 wrote:
30 Dec 2019 16:28
sorry, I couldn´t find any information about the LW 6 vehicle
Hello SIS 5,

No worries. Thank you for the photograph and information. I appreciate it! At least I know its real. I will also buy a copy of that book here soon.
There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.

peeved

Post by peeved » 30 Dec 2019 21:41

Different Lausters on pp.74...81, Spanish edition of "Die Rad- und Vollketten-Zugmaschinen: Des deutschen Heeres 1870-1945 (Militärfahrzeuge)" by Walter J. Spielberger:
https://archive.org/details/CAMIONESSEM ... S/page/n72

Markus

Return to “Other Equipment”