Our mysterious Telefunken ELA-411 military sound system

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Production718

Our mysterious Telefunken ELA-411 military sound system

Post by Production718 » 25 Mar 2020, 12:41

Hello history people!

This is kind of a follow on to another thread:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=247529

So we established that this device which was sitting in a film studio wear house presumed to be of Cold War USSR origin is actually WWII German.

We also established that the story of it being used to host parties in a castle where EVERY SINGLE BRANCH OF THE MILITARY EVER was always invited is probably a fabrication. The only thing missing from this story is a dragon! Every castle has a dragon right!?

So that means that really, nobody knows anything about this item what so ever.

From info that we found so far, the ELA-411 seems to be at least confirmed to be a legit WWII product. They were not made after the war finished.

So, is there anybody here who knows ELA-411s?

I can post all types of photos of this device in detail. Nobody has anything better to do anyway because the end of the world is currently disrupting everything!

I figured a person experienced in this field may be able to identify numbers, manufacturing variations, model configuration etc. Is there anybody here with such knowledge?

Or alternatively maybe someone can suggest another source of info besides this forum?

Thanks

Waleed Y. Majeed

Re: Our mysterious Telefunken ELA-411 military sound system

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 25 Mar 2020, 17:43

Looking around I see many Telefunken ELA 411 sound products such as speakers, amps/mixers and microphones.
All seem to have a letter before the “411”, I have seen L, M and V. Does your equipment also have an additional letter. It would make identification alot easier as would pictures or even the pdf-file you mention.

Waleed

Production718

Post by Production718 » 25 Mar 2020, 21:01

Hello.

Thank you fir your advise.

Here is an album of photos of the device. Unfortunately the album is “backwards” so it begins with pictures of internal components and the photos of the whole thing are later. It should really be viewed from the last photo to the first.

Password is 411

https://ibb.co/album/hxTXLa

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 26 Mar 2020, 02:02

Hello and thanks for the link to pictures.
You probably already know it‘s a 70Watt amplifier.
Besides shouting at people, cinema sound could be a possibility too and 70W is an OK “size” output.
Don’t know if you already know this link?
https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/telefunke ... 111_6.html
It has a lot of info on Telefunken, tubes etc. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Waleed

Return to “Other Equipment”