Barely Marked K98 Bayonet

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Copacetic_Chaos

Barely Marked K98 Bayonet

Post by Copacetic_Chaos » 19 Apr 2020, 23:21

hello, so i was just given a bayonet my aunt had received some time ago. It had a smooth wood handle, and is marked with the number 481 on the crossguard, press catch, and the pommel. Along with the 481 on the pommel is maybe a C as well. Both the scabbard and the blade are unmarked, though I'm fairly sure, based on the quality and the metal, that they are the original pair. I cannot find any other bayonet that seems to have the markings in the same locations. I understand many bayonets were made for other nations or for police forces and such, which would differ the markings. It seems that many times there are more clues to the origin of production underneath the handles, though I have not yet trusted myself to attempt to check. This is my first forum post, and any insight on the year and intended users or advice on checking the grip would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_5482.JPG
IMG_5483.JPG
IMG_5484.JPG
IMG_5485.JPG
IMG_5486.JPG

Return to “Other Equipment”