WW2 German Switchboard Rotary Dial Attachment

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
User avatar
Rotwang M
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: 22 Jul 2021 20:10
Location: USA

WW2 German Switchboard Rotary Dial Attachment

Post by Rotwang M » 04 Mar 2022 19:39


Sturm78
Member
Posts: 17883
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: WW2 German Switchboard Rotary Dial Attachment

Post by Sturm78 » 11 Apr 2022 21:47

Hi Rotwang M,

An image from Ebay.

All your contributions to the forum about the telephone communications material used by the Germans during World War II are of great interest :wink: , although I must confess that, as an absolute neophyte on the subject, sometimes I find it difficult to understand.
My knowledge about telephones is limited to dialing the number and talking... :)

Sturm78
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Rotwang M
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: 22 Jul 2021 20:10
Location: USA

Re: WW2 German Switchboard Rotary Dial Attachment

Post by Rotwang M » 12 Apr 2022 21:36

Sturm78 wrote:
11 Apr 2022 21:47
Hi Rotwang M,

An image from Ebay.

All your contributions to the forum about the telephone communications material used by the Germans during World War II are of great interest :wink: , although I must confess that, as an absolute neophyte on the subject, sometimes I find it difficult to understand.
My knowledge about telephones is limited to dialing the number and talking... :)

Sturm78
Thanks. You can always buy my book if you want to begin learning.

User avatar
T. A. Gardner
Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: 02 Feb 2006 00:23
Location: Arizona

Re: WW2 German Switchboard Rotary Dial Attachment

Post by T. A. Gardner » 13 Apr 2022 00:28

Rotwang M wrote:
12 Apr 2022 21:36
Thanks. You can always buy my book if you want to begin learning.
Rotwang, starting with post 508 in this thread, clearly shows a German field telephone hook up but has some unusual added features. Maybe you could identify those?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=152334&start=495
Sturm78 wrote:
07 Jan 2021 22:11
Hi all

Does somebody know the purpose of this all mess of wires ?? :roll:
Field telephone switchboard ??

Image from Ebay
Sturm78

User avatar
Rotwang M
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: 22 Jul 2021 20:10
Location: USA

Re: WW2 German Switchboard Rotary Dial Attachment

Post by Rotwang M » 13 Apr 2022 13:42

T. A. Gardner wrote:
13 Apr 2022 00:28
Rotwang M wrote:
12 Apr 2022 21:36
Thanks. You can always buy my book if you want to begin learning.
Rotwang, starting with post 508 in this thread, clearly shows a German field telephone hook up but has some unusual added features. Maybe you could identify those?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=152334&start=495
Sturm78 wrote:
07 Jan 2021 22:11
Hi all

Does somebody know the purpose of this all mess of wires ?? :roll:
Field telephone switchboard ??

Image from Ebay
Sturm78
They are long distance cable junction boxes. Two are open and five are closed.

Image

User avatar
T. A. Gardner
Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: 02 Feb 2006 00:23
Location: Arizona

Re: WW2 German Switchboard Rotary Dial Attachment

Post by T. A. Gardner » 13 Apr 2022 17:48

Rotwang M wrote:
13 Apr 2022 13:42
T. A. Gardner wrote:
13 Apr 2022 00:28
Rotwang M wrote:
12 Apr 2022 21:36
Thanks. You can always buy my book if you want to begin learning.
Rotwang, starting with post 508 in this thread, clearly shows a German field telephone hook up but has some unusual added features. Maybe you could identify those?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=152334&start=495
Sturm78 wrote:
07 Jan 2021 22:11
Hi all

Does somebody know the purpose of this all mess of wires ?? :roll:
Field telephone switchboard ??

Image from Ebay
Sturm78
They are long distance cable junction boxes. Two are open and five are closed.

Image
Thank you! That was my guess on it at the time in a reply to Sturm, but I couldn't be sure.

User avatar
Rotwang M
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: 22 Jul 2021 20:10
Location: USA

Re: WW2 German Switchboard Rotary Dial Attachment

Post by Rotwang M » 14 Apr 2022 14:45

Here is a closeup of the box from my friend Albert Lampl's website:

Image

Return to “Other Equipment”