Any Optics collectors out there?

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
artie in miami

yes....I am !!

Post by artie in miami » 16 Nov 2007 02:12

I just stumbled onto your post while searching for MGZ-34 parts....I have some of the same optics that you do ....like the donkey ears in the first pic...mine are missing the sunshields (both types) do you have a source for those shields ?? I also need a rubber eyecup and can for the MGZ-34 as well as a can and sunshades for the ZF-41...I picked up the scope and mount (all original) from a collector that was very old and getting out of collecting for what he paid for it in the 70's ($100) !! I see lots of the optics on ebay (especially the 10 x 80's)...some guy in finland must have found a whole warehouse full of WW2 german optics that were used in Finland after the war...he comes up with some amazing stuff...all stamped "SA" for Finnish Army. Drop me an email if you get a chance asmith1@dadeschools.net...regards from the tropics.

artie in miami

lisset

Optics

Post by lisset » 16 Nov 2007 12:00

Yes , when I can afford to :)

paulb

Re: Any Optics collectors out there?

Post by paulb » 20 Sep 2008 18:54

Is this thread still alive ?

I have a set of flakfernrohr 10X80 binoculars and am looking for a usable cradle / yoke and need a transit crate. Is anyone out there that has spare parts or access to parts.

Also looking for the grid range apparatus that is seen on top. Don't know the correct terminology for this part.

Cool-E

Post by Cool-E » 22 Sep 2008 02:10

Those parts are not easy to find, but do come up on e-bay from time to time. The grid/hoop looking thing on the top is for aiming at night. One side of the "hoop" has phosphorecent (glow in the dark) paint. Note: I can't spell worth a damn

paulb

Post by paulb » 22 Sep 2008 21:55

Well, I was hoping for a possible source or two.

mlespaul

Post by mlespaul » 07 Nov 2008 17:41

paulb -

The metal rail-like extention on the top is called the " Notvisier".

It's main use was for keeping the glas tracking against the reference object in the sky so you could quickly aim in the general direction before placing your eyes to the oculars - that way you don't spend a lot of time furtively scanning all over the sky trying to locate the aircraft again each time..or when you want to line up the view for another person.

Xavier
Financial supporter

Post by Xavier » 07 Nov 2008 20:08

@mlespaul aka paulb..
thanks for all the comments my webshot pics..!
Xavier
Der Autodidakt

paulb

Post by paulb » 07 Nov 2008 21:37

Still need some sources for parts and pieces

Edvard Hanell

Post by Edvard Hanell » 19 Aug 2010 20:42

What this E.Σ.-mark mean? Possibly the Greek army?

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 08 Oct 2010 08:35

I've got a dozen or more sets of binos. Always looking for more, especiasly Kriegsmarine and a monocular.
Here are a couple of recent additions. A set of 6x30s that are unusual because all of the markings are on one side.
Sarge
6x30 3.JPG
6x30 5.JPG
6x30 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Calling Illegal Aliens “Undocumented residents” is like call Drug Dealers “Unlicensed Pharmacists!”
LIFEMEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 08 Oct 2010 08:42

Also half of a pr of 10x60s, maby they were cut in half because the other side was damaged??? Fortunately this is the side with the markings. Perfect optiks.
Sarge
Lg bino 2.JPG
Lg bino 3.JPG
Lg bino 4.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Calling Illegal Aliens “Undocumented residents” is like call Drug Dealers “Unlicensed Pharmacists!”
LIFEMEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF

Sierra2

Re: Kriegsmarine binoculars hand held.

Post by Sierra2 » 06 Oct 2018 09:05

lisset wrote:
19 Oct 2005 10:22
Four hand held sets.
With the exception of the fat commander all others are Zeiss 7x50's.
On the left a Ubootglas - good rubbers but no rainguard , clean and usable binocular.
The focusing is done via a screw fitting which is loacted under the rubber top cap.
Behind in on the let a blc ( Zeiss) in mint order, the black bakalite rain guard is the same as that which is missing from the two Ubootglas.
This is a really great set to use , it just drinks in the light . Outstanding. :D
Back right another Zeiss 7x50 which is absolutely mint.
Completely clear and brillant. The rainguard is leather with 2 x bakalite circles which are inscribed "Benutzer" and " Fixed occular do not adjust". ( same inscription as is on the black rainguard).
The " benutzer" of this type in this condition is extremely rare and impossible to get , condition makes this set special.
Hello ,

For hand held binoculars you can have also 8 x60 slim one ( Blc model)

Thanks

Jean-Marc

Return to “Other Equipment”