Nazi V3 base in Antarctica

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Ezboard

Nazi V3 base in Antarctica

Post by Ezboard » 30 Sep 2002 18:13

dikkexpierre
Visitor
(10/8/01 3:10:06 pm)
Reply Nazi V3 base in Antarctica
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, I have a book called Continent 6 by Albert Wauthy about a female spy who infiltrated in the secret base in Antarctica. It's not fiction; the author talked with the spy. The book's from 1964, and the facts of the story were then only just allowed to be published. The US didn't allow it up until then.
Now, in that base, the Nazi's were working on V3 rockets. I know Germany was at least working (maybe even had?) on V3s. How? I went to a V1 bunker in France (I think, could be Belgium) once, and they had a map with all the places where Germany had the V-weapons. There were places with V1s, V2s and some V3s. So the V3 is not a myth. It would be an atomic weapon and was meant to be used if the situation in Europe would turn against the Germans. Nazi Germany had already started these operations before the war.
I'm sure the base is also a fact, as the publisher (Maraboe Pockets, and the copyright is by Gérard & Co., from Verviers) tells us that the author met the spy and that the information mentionned was until then forbidden to be published. They have absolutely no reason to spread a myth.
On the internet, you can find lots of sites about the secret base, but all the ones I've seen talk about UFO's and stuff. This seems highly unlikely :)
But if anyone can give me some more information about this, or knows books, sites, sources, etc. where I could find more information, please tell me.

Thank you and kind regards,
peter (Belgium)

Erik Ettrup
(10/8/01 4:00:49 pm)
Reply Re: Nazi V3 base in Antarctica
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds very unbeliveable to me......

The V-3 is not a myth, and it is not a rocket.
The V-3 was a "Mehrkammerkanone" or multi chamber cannon
also called "Hochdruckpumpe" or high-pressure pump.
The "cannon" had a 130m long (!) barrel, and a test shooting in Magdeburg 1943, reached 93 Km with a 10 kg grenade.
This guns were operational in 1945 and fired some shots against the allies without significant effect.

Don`t you remember that US forces during the gulf-war found parts built by Saddam Hussein for the same purpose, based on V-3 design?

On the other hand:
How could the Germans have brought tonnes of equipment up and down the Atlantic, without any allies noticing it?

Erik E

Simon
Visitor
(10/8/01 5:51:35 pm)
Reply Rockets
Germany was 1945 working on a rocket, A-4, also called (wrongly?) V3. I dont think they ever buildt any..

Does anyone have a list of V1/V2 "launch-bases" ?

Erik Ettrup
(10/8/01 6:24:32 pm)
Reply Re: Rockets
V-2 were often launched from vehicles, which means that they moved away for each launched rocket. I`ve read somewhere that they even launched these monsters in the streets of some towns....
The permanent launchsites could probably be found on the internet.

Erik E

Per Andersson
(10/8/01 6:47:28 pm)
"Germany was 1945 working on a rocket, A-4, also called (wrongly?) V3. "

Unless my memory has been slipping very badly lately, the A-4 and the V-2 are two names for the same missile.

Marcus Wendel
Webmaster
(10/8/01 6:50:52 pm)
ezSupporter
V2
For info on the V2 rocket try http://www.v2rocket.com/

/Marcus

Marcus Wendel
Webmaster
(10/8/01 6:55:07 pm)
ezSupporter
V

Here are two books on the subject.
"V-1 V-2: Hitler's Vengeance on London" by David Johnson
"Impact: The History of Germany's V-Weapons in World War II" by Benjamin King & Timothy Kutta

/Marcus

Scott Smith 01
Veteran Member
(10/8/01 9:45:05 pm)
Payback Weapons...
An A4 is the German name for the rocket that Goebbels called the "payback weapon" or V-2, which is what we call it.

The intended V-2 bases were bunkers at Watten and Wizernes, which were gutted by enormous ten-ton armor-piercing RAF bombs, or hit with smaller bombs when the concrete was still drying.

A V-2 was fired from a mobile launch stand and a transporter-erector called a Meilerwagen. There was no defense against it unless it was caught during fueling for launch by a fighter-bomber and strafed. I'm not aware that this ever happened though.

The V-2 was only a partial success because there were not enough fired to make any significant difference militarily and they did not have enough accuracy to be used like long-range artillery.

There were two types of V-1 launch rails: More substantial concrete launch ramps, called "ski-sites" by RAF photoreconaissance, which were bombed; and cheap, prefabricated launch rails set-up just before the launches.

An enourmous amount of aircraft were used trying to stop the V-1 campaign without complete success. The only possible solution proposed was poison gas to hit the areas where the Germans were setting up the V-1s for launch, but this wasn't done, because the V-1 launch sites were soon captured by Allied armies anyway. The V-1 campaign was very successful, by the way.

The V-3 was never completed. It was a long-range artillery cannon that used multiple charges to propel a 150mm dart down a long barrel. The extreme velocity would enable London to be shelled around the clock, including with poison gas if necessary. A huge bunker was built a Mimoyeques but destroyed by Allied bombing. President Kennedy's older brother, Joe was killed while attacking this site in 1944; he might have become President instead of John.

Nazi secret weapons is one of my hobbies so I'm glad to answer any questions. The book Impact is especially good.
:-)

Edited by: Scott Smith 01 at: 10/8/01 9:55:11 pm

Per Andersson
(10/8/01 9:48:56 pm)
Reply Re: Payback Weapons...
"A V-2 was fired from a mobile launch stand and a transporter-erector called a Meilerwagen. There was no defense against it unless it was caught during fueling for launch by a fighter-bomber and strafed. I'm not aware that this ever happened though."

I belive Pierre Closterman mentions such an event in his 'The great Circus'.

Scott Smith 01
Veteran Member
(10/8/01 9:51:10 pm)
Re: Payback Weapons...
<<I belive Pierre Closterman mentions such an event in his 'The great Circus'.>>

Thanks!

LEVE
Veteran Member
(10/8/01 11:10:28 pm)
Reply Re: Payback Weapons...
Then, let's add a little fuel to the fire:

http://www.violations.dabsol.co....ecrets.htm

It's a fun read if one likes this sort of thing.

Scott Smith 01
Veteran Member
(10/9/01 2:00:29 am)
Re: Payback Weapons...
LEVE,

Thanks for the link. I get a kick out of stuff like that. There was some historical misinformation of course but nothing that I’m going to quibble over considering the topic.
;-)

Hermann Oberth, one of the founders of modern rocketry, and Wernher von Braun…

The Go 229 flying wing in 1945…

...and as it appears today.

Edited by: Scott Smith 01 at: 10/9/01 4:24:32 am

dan
Visitor
(10/9/01 2:22:42 am)
Reply Aliens
Nothing like a bunch of Ibid.'s to flesh out references. Also, why do all aliens have to come from the Aldibaran system?

weiwensg
Veteran Member
(10/9/01 5:41:48 am)
A-4 and V-1 are the same.

dikkexpierre
Visitor
(10/9/01 9:39:41 am)
Reply how to get the stuff there
Apparently, the Germans had a high level of naval activity around South Africa. Any ship coming too close would be attacked by U-boats. I cannot say that this information is very reliable, but neither do I think it was made up. I found it on the internet.
South Africa was apparently white-suppremacist at the time.
Even if the Allies noticed something, and even if they tried to check it out or do something about it, it doesn't mean they'd tell the outside world. We all know governments try to keep things quiet as to not cause public disorder and/or panic.

Kind regards, peter

Qvist
Visitor
(10/9/01 10:03:17 am)
Reply come on.......
They have no reason whatsoever to spread a myth? Well, it might just help to sell a book. Yes, Governments do cover up things, but that doesn't mean that anything is credible. SA may have had a white-supremacist regime, but they also happened to be at war with Germany. The route around the Cape was used regularly by allied shipping as far as I know. Add to this the enormous and obvious impracticality of setting up huge installations at the Antarctic (where no-one has ever erected anything bigger than a few meterological and arctic research stations) and the general utter unlikelihood of the whole idea, and you've got something that's probably not worth wasting any time over. Of course, that something seems extremely unlikely does not disprove that it is the case, but it at least requires much more than "interviews" with an unidentified "spy" who allegedly "infiltrated" the compound. Reminds me of "The Spear of Destiny", if anyone knows that one. In it, it is "convincingly" proven that hitler possessed that mythic spear, and generally made his progress through allying himself with demonic forces. All backed up by statements from various "people who knew him", and all, of course, utter bollocks. It's not difficult to write a book that seems convincing, by exploiting the implicit trust that any reader must place in the sources the author draws upon, other than in the rare cases where you are in a position to assess those sources independently.

cheers

dikkexpierre
Visitor
(10/9/01 2:04:14 pm)
Reply well okay
well, I read that there were places on Antarctica where there was hot water and some sort of vegetation. This was near hot sources, but then again, I read this at the same site that mentionned the South Africa stuff. So if Germany was at war with South Africa, it is indeed not credible.
But it also seems Germany had a secret U-boat base on the island Deception, and in 1946 the US and Canadian armies did big manoeuvres on the South Pole. So maybe it isn't that tough of a piece of land.
I think I'm going to write to the publisher and ask them more info. I'll keep you updated, but in the light of what I read here, I've also become sceptic.
Thank you, peter

dan
Visitor
(10/9/01 2:24:31 pm)
Reply Utter nonsense
I'd advise you to ignore everything you read from that source that mentions South Africa. Yes, South Africa was indeed White supremist at the time, and it was also allied with Great Britain in the war against Germany. On one or two occasions, a German sub dropped off agents, but any German naval vessels showing themselves would have been blown out of the water.

Paul Timms
Visitor
(10/9/01 3:51:27 pm)
Reply V1/2/3
Just out of interest and aside from all the logistic difficulties surely Antarctica is further from America (or anything else they would want to bomb) than France or Germany ??? So why bother.
As usual it is the obvious, no can prove any different 'cos no one goes there.
The base is probably located near one of Lovecraft's Old One's cities.!!!

Paul

Erik Ettrup
(10/9/01 4:01:07 pm)
Reply Re: V1/2/3
The annual year temp is -49C
Temperatures down to -90C has occured.
The wind is constant, wery frequent storms reaching 300 Km/h
Not much ww2 era equipment, with moving parts, would stand these temperatures.
Only 5% of the whole continent is uncovered from the ice some few months during summer.

This must be the worst thinkable place on earth to have a rocket test site........

Erik E

Edward L. Hsiao

Re: Nazi V3 base in Antarctica

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 25 Dec 2019 12:30

How did the female spy get to Antarctica in the first place anyway? Anyway the story is unbelievable. By the way is Christmas celebrated in Antarctica?
Merry Christmas! God have mercy on planet Earth!

Edward L. Hsiao

HR715

Post by HR715 » 22 Jan 2020 17:16

The lady who claimed to be a spy, did it ever occur to the author that he would believe what the tooth fairy told him ?

AllenM

Post by AllenM » 23 Jan 2020 04:32

There are few facts about German operations in Antarctica. The High Pressure Pump was never called the V-3 by the Germans. The V-3 was a rocket being developed in Czechoslovakia under Russian control using German personnel right after the war. An unidentified "stratosphere bomb" threatened New York during the war.

T. A. Gardner

Post by T. A. Gardner » 23 Jan 2020 05:42

Here's the reality of the idiocy of claiming the Nazis had some base in Antarctica:

How were the Nazis financing this operation?
Where were they getting all the materials necessary to do this from? There sure aren't any steel mills on Antarctica.
Who / what companies were doing the production work and where are they located? There aren't any factories and machine shops on Antarctica.
Who / what companies were providing the shipping?
Where were those ships docking in Antarctica when they arrived?
How were the ships being unloaded and the materials being transported to the build site?
Where did all the logistical support for the manpower, etc., get to Antarctica?
How did all this go unnoticed by a wider variety of sources other than so conspiracy theorists who are making claims without documentation or solid evidence?

If a theory walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's likely a quack theory.

Return to “Other Equipment”