need specific panzer pictures

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
dasboot

need specific panzer pictures

Post by dasboot » 28 Nov 2002 06:40

I am looking for any pictures depicting german armour with a balkan kreuz flag attached to it. It can be real or an image.

Panzer/Armored Vehicle Erkennungsfahne (identification Flag)

Thank-you

The picture of this flag was provided by marcus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kaugex

Post by Kaugex » 28 Nov 2002 20:13

I don't have data about the first one, but the armored vehicle id flag was painted on their top (turret) so that German tank-hunters (like Ju87G) could easily id them from the sky.

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

flag

Post by Christoph Awender » 29 Nov 2002 08:59

Hello!

I know hundreds of fotos with the swastika recognition flag but I never saw this Balkenkreuz flag. Yre aou sure this is really original?

Christoph

dasboot

Post by dasboot » 30 Nov 2002 06:55

$300 U.S says it better be. I have a flag similar to the one posted. Well exactly the same, the only difference being condition. Information obtaining to this flag is almost impossible to gather.

The only information I have was that it was used to identify german armour from attacking aircraft. Of course, when germany lost air supremacy, the practice was abolished. Much the same with the swastika recognition flag.

Marcus wrote

Some claim such a flag was used, others claim such a flag was not used.

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

flag

Post by Christoph Awender » 30 Nov 2002 14:55

Researching the Wehrmacht now for ten years and looking to thousands of Fotos I never saw such a flag. So my vote would be it is a post war fantasy flag.

my 2 cents
Christoph

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”