New member needs tips on stamps....

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
JOHNSTUKA

New member needs tips on stamps....

Post by JOHNSTUKA » 14 Jan 2003, 01:31

Hi, I'm new to the forum here and I've recently just started collecting Third Reich war time stamps. I mainly just buy what I like when I see it. Germany really put out some beautiful stamps! I was wondering if there weere any good books on Third Reich stamps with pics of the stamps. Also what are some of the "must have" stamps in your opinions. One last thing, I really want to display mine instead of having them in a book somewhere. Is there anything out there along the lines of a "shadowbox" type of display to use for stamps? I would really appreciate any help you good folks could give me. I look forward totalking and learning from you guys here.....thanks!

DanCz

Post by DanCz » 14 Jan 2003, 13:08

John,

Apart from stamp catalogues - and I would heartily recommend Michel - "Germany Standard" - altho in German - every stamp is illustrated in colour - in my opinion the very best general book is Alf HARPER - "Philately of the Third Reich -Postage and Propoganda".

There are a great many books devoted to postal history and more especially to post cards - sadly many are now out of print and are collectors items in their own right !!

Hope this helps.

DanCz

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”