Victor Lutze Document

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Tim Walker

Victor Lutze Document

Post by Tim Walker » 17 Jan 2003, 07:02

I just bought a letter to General Von Epp from Victor Lutze on StabChef Stationary at Rupturedduck.com ( Bill Shea ). Does anyone else out there have any examples of Lutze documents or the like? Was he really killed by Partisens or was it just an accident?:lol:Anyone up to a translation?
Attachments
lutze1.jpg
lutze1.jpg (171.09 KiB) Viewed 1037 times

Translator

Post by Translator » 18 Jan 2003, 02:41

Tim,

I would be happy to "have a go" at translating this, but I would need a closer image of it to do so with any accuracy. Or, you could simply type the text out for me and post it on the forum.

Tim Walker

this might be better.

Post by Tim Walker » 18 Jan 2003, 04:23

here it is...... Boy, My Eye Sight is Getting Bad...........
Herrn
General Ritter von Epp

Munchen
Prinzreg---str. 7

Mein lieber General!
Das sir freundlicherweiss gewid-ete bild habe ichinwischen(sic) erhalten und sage Ihnen dafur meinen besten Dank. -- wird zir incer sine angem----- Krinnerung an schone, aber auch arnate Stunden sein, die wir miteinander verleben durften.
In kameradschuftlicher Verbundenheit

Heil Hitler,
stats Ihr
Lutze

Translator

Post by Translator » 18 Jan 2003, 05:09

Tim,

OK, here we go....

The Chief of Staff Berlin W 8, 13 January 1942
Vossstrasse 2

Honourable
General Ritter von Epp

Munich
Prince Regent Street 7

My Dear General!

I have received in the mean time the photograph you kindly dedicated to me, and extend to you my warmest thanks for it. It will always be an agreeable memory of the pleasant, but also serious, hours we were able to spend together.

In companionable association,

Heil Hitler!

Always Your

Lutze

(Sorry - apparently it's not going to line up the date and address for me, which appear on the upper right-hand side)

Tim Walker

Thank You....

Post by Tim Walker » 18 Jan 2003, 05:14

Cool......... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Thanks for the translation, Translator. I wish I had the dedicated photograph. Thanks again....

Translator

Post by Translator » 18 Jan 2003, 05:19

Tim,

Well, perhaps you can find it (???) I've seen some Lutze items for sale recently, notably at the auction firm for whom I do part-time translation work (Hermann Historica of Munich). Let me look at some of their old catalogs and see what I can find....

How about the telegram submitted by "valsente" from Goebbels to von Rundstedt? I love it - G. closes in typical Goebbels style: "Mit Hitler Heil" i.e. "With a Heil Hitler!"

Translator

Post by Translator » 19 Jan 2003, 06:26

Tim,

I've checked all of my old auction sale catalogs from H.H., and found items once owned by Viktor Lutze in several of these. My guess is that the family may be releasing these to the collector market. I found objects in catalogs dated 2001, 1999 and 1998. I will make further enquiries of my part-time employer and see what else I can ascertain for you regarding this.

Tim Walker

Post by Tim Walker » 19 Jan 2003, 06:35

Translator,
Thanks, what I want to do is get a period photo or photo's of General Von Epp and Viktor Lutze to have framed and Matted with the document.

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”