COLOUR forum

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
atomicmisfit

COLOUR forum

Post by atomicmisfit » 24 Jan 2003, 11:56

Welcome the the unoffical Thirdreichforum (COLOUR forum)

For legal reasons, colour shots are not to be posted here due to copyright laws.
This tread will act as a Forum for discussion on all aspects of colour photo collecting surrounding the Third Reich.

My name is Atomicmisfit.

Now before i begin, i have to lets things be know!
Firstly i want to thank the creater of Thirdreichforum for a brilliant and imformative site. Congrads Marcus
Secondly i have posted forums on colour photography before, the want everyone to know that the only reason im not using a existing tread is because i cannot locate it due to the defunked (Search button)
Finally, again i want to state that this is only a meeting place for colour collecters and should not be used for posting coprighted material.

Well as the first of many interesting treads, id like to say WELCOME and ENJOY.
Last edited by atomicmisfit on 24 Jan 2003, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

atomicmisfit

COLOUR forum (part1)

Post by atomicmisfit » 24 Jan 2003, 12:01

There are two main sources of colour photograpgy that came out of Germany during the raign of the Third Reich, firstly private enthusiass that with or without government approvel roamed the conquered territories with there 8 and 16mm colour cameras and on the other side, where Geobbels propaganda konpanie that followed the action and after-maght, photographing the triumps of Blitzkrieg.

Propaganda camer men are called (Kriegsberichter)

Last edited by atomicmisfit on 24 Jan 2003, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

atomicmisfit

best colour mags

Post by atomicmisfit » 24 Jan 2003, 14:16

Some of the best sources of colour material come straight from german books and magazines used for propaganda.
Below are a few
(1) SIGNAL
(2) Die Wehmacht
(3) Die Adler
(4) Berlin Illustated (wrong spelling)

O,yes before everybody jumps on me, there are also thousands of fantastic private colours that were taken by privates.

A little know fact is that colour photography was very big in higher society (middle classes) in germany during the 30s and a lot of very exspert germans were hired into geobbels propaganda kompanie to photograph the war.
Last edited by atomicmisfit on 24 Jan 2003, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

atomicmisfit

a great site!

Post by atomicmisfit » 24 Jan 2003, 14:20

I hope Christoph Awender doesnt mind if i recommend his site,

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/

he has a fantasticly detailed sites on nearlly all wehrmacht operations and also shows great colour shots from his own personal collection.

Also he is a Big Wheel here in Thirdreichforum and a fantastic historian, "A good person to make friends with"
Last edited by atomicmisfit on 24 Jan 2003, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

atomicmisfit

Before i go?

Post by atomicmisfit » 24 Jan 2003, 14:22

Before i go on my weekend trip, i just want to say, welcome again to a very interesting exsperience and ,"Well" have a good weekend!

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”