Members who color photos

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Larrister

Re: Members who color photos

Post by Larrister » 14 Sep 2013, 15:28

hucks216 wrote:
sobel wrote:
ps I notice they are wearing white bands on their shoulders, any idea what they mean?

Hard to tell from the image what the white strips look like but it could be an indicator that they are officer candidates.
Thanks Alex. :D

I agree, Officer Candidate slips on their boards.

Larry

sobel

Post by sobel » 15 Sep 2013, 18:35

Another small contribution to the thread. Obviously he was Wehrmacht originally and subsequently deemed fit to become a prominent member of the Bundeswehr. I have difficulty in deciding which uniform actually looks the best, but then whilst not a collector I have great interest in what they wore

regards

Alex K
Attachments
Brigadegeneral Oskar-Hubert Dennhardt x 2.JPG

sobel

Post by sobel » 15 Sep 2013, 19:29

A few more out of the cupboard, some imperial dudes Von Mackensen, Herman Goring, Manfred Von Richtofen, Paul Liem

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 17 Sep 2013, 22:43

sobel wrote:A few more out of the cupboard, some imperial dudes Von Mackensen, Herman Goring, Manfred Von Richtofen, Paul Liem
Very nice! :D

A colorization of a StuG from StuG Abt. 243.

Larry
Attachments
stug.jpg

sobel

Post by sobel » 18 Sep 2013, 11:47

sobel wrote:A few more out of the cupboard, some imperial dudes Von Mackensen, Herman Goring, Manfred Von Richtofen, Paul Liem

8O My pictures appear to have either disappeared or where not properly attached!!!

sobel

Post by sobel » 14 Oct 2013, 18:01

Another image of Max Wunsche in Panzer uniform

regards

Alex K
Attachments
SS Max_Wünsche 4.JPG

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 14 Oct 2013, 22:25

sobel wrote:Another image of Max Wunsche in Panzer uniform

regards

Alex K
Nicely done Alex. :D

Here is a recent colorization of a portrait in my collection..

Larry
Attachments
Graf Wolf1.jpg

seaburn

Post by seaburn » 14 Oct 2013, 23:07

sobel wrote:Another image of Max Wunsche in Panzer uniform

regards

Alex K

Hi Alex, I like the Wunsche photo but I do believe you have the hair and eye colour incorrect, having seen his many interrogation and intel documents, I can tell you that his physical appearence seemed to have been an endless source of interest to his captors, it makes for pretty 'jaw dropping' reading ! 8O To be honest, in this case the phrase should be 'if these be your enemies......' , the more 'tame' descriptions were that he was blond and blue eyed. Any chance of changing these as I'd be interested in seeing the finished product? Thanks CB

sobel

Post by sobel » 15 Oct 2013, 04:24

Hi Larry, Once again as I've said many times a great image, well done.

Seaburn, very interesting info, I always look for info which enables me to produce ACCURATE images, the information you have provided was not known to me. On the original B/W image the hair looks dark, the eyes are obviously more difficult to determine, but I'll have a go.

regards to you both

seaburn

Post by seaburn » 15 Oct 2013, 09:42

Hi 'Sobel' . Having looked at some of his photos online again, I can see how his hair does look dark, I suspect it was because of the fashion for hair oil, I don't think he had platinum blond hair, I suspect it was dark at the roots and blond at the tips.... That's your challenge :D . As I said in my earlier post, I think he must have been very striking looking in the flesh as I've yet to see any other individual described in their intel docs in such 'glowing' terms. One Canadian General went so far as to describe him as 'unbelievably handsome, he should have been a movie star' 8O

I leave it in your capable hands ! :wink:

sobel

Post by sobel » 15 Oct 2013, 12:46

seaburn wrote:Hi 'Sobel' . Having looked at some of his photos online again, I can see how his hair does look dark, I suspect it was because of the fashion for hair oil, I don't think he had platinum blond hair, I suspect it was dark at the roots and blond at the tips.... That's your challenge :D . As I said in my earlier post, I think he must have been very striking looking in the flesh as I've yet to see any other individual described in their intel docs in such 'glowing' terms. One Canadian General went so far as to describe him as 'unbelievably handsome, he should have been a movie star' 8O I leave it in your capable hands ! :wink:
It was quite a challenge, I know it sounds stupid but Blonde hair is possibly the hardest to get right. I've had a go, results attached. It actually took me longer to change his hair colour than it did to do the entire original colourisation, don't quite know if it works! I have the additional problem that other colourisations I have of Wunsche now also need to be changed :cry: regards Alex

I would agree that he was a very striking looking man and in another world may have made it in the movies!!
Attachments
SS Max_Wünsche 4.JPG
Last edited by sobel on 16 Oct 2013, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

seaburn

Post by seaburn » 15 Oct 2013, 12:58

I apologise for all your extra work ! But I think the second one is probably more accurate. Tks for that !

sobel

Post by sobel » 16 Oct 2013, 12:17

seaburn wrote:I apologise for all your extra work ! But I think the second one is probably more accurate. Tks for that !
Hi No problem, I prefer to get it as accurate as I can. I have re-posted it with some minor changes.

regards

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 03 Nov 2013, 01:02

Colorized photo from my collection.

Larry
Attachments
MG34-russ.jpg

WAR LORD

Post by WAR LORD » 01 Dec 2013, 13:40

I HAVE A PHOTO THAT I WOULD LIKE TO USE FOR A PRODJECT. would ANY ONE BE PREPARED TO COLOUR IT?

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”