Josef "Pips" Priller's autograph

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Snoopster

Josef "Pips" Priller's autograph

Post by Snoopster » 15 Feb 2003, 19:54

[deleted by myself]
Last edited by Snoopster on 17 Jun 2003, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 15 Feb 2003, 20:33

Here are a few Priller signed items found online:

http://www.leisuregalleries.com/lluftwaffe.html

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 15 Feb 2003, 20:39

Another in a book with a Galland portrait:

http://www.leisuregalleries.com/witt.html

Snoopster

Post by Snoopster » 15 Feb 2003, 22:00

[deleted by myself]
Last edited by Snoopster on 17 Jun 2003, 23:32, edited 2 times in total.

Snoopster

Post by Snoopster » 20 Feb 2003, 11:27

[deleted by myself]
Last edited by Snoopster on 17 Jun 2003, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 20 Feb 2003, 15:18

Some people will charge whatever they think they can get. I noticed that many of the same pictures are on that particular site for a long time, so the prices are probably not popular with a lot of buyers. The same can be said for most militaria these days.

It seems to me that the prices on many items are artificially inflated. Maybe it is in part because there are not a lot of pieces up for sale and the law of "supply and demand" might be at work, but when I go to shows and see how outrageously high the prices are now, compared to what they were just a decade or so ago, I am just amazed! 8O It is becoming an ever more expensive hobby to collect, but it is best when you can find honest sellers.

About your documents, I don't know what would be a fair and honest price. Maybe you can consult a professional appraiser in your area. Depending on who you market the items to the value will vary, anyway. Like the saying goes: "One man's junk is another man's treasure." So you will probably find people willing to buy or pass on the items no matter what price you charge. It is probably best to just keep it realistic, so maybe an appraiser can help you with that.

lohengrin

Post by lohengrin » 21 Feb 2003, 15:21

Hi Snoopster,

I have been collecting signed Hoffmann cards for many years. The prices on the leisuregalleries are bit high on few items, but generally the prices are in this range. What they sell are not really "lousy" postcards at all. The Hoffmann cards, as they are fair value at about 30-80USD a piece (they are now 60 years out of print....). The WWII signed items are very unique and there are not many of them, bunch of the rarest signatures belong to men who were KIA. This is reflected in price.

As for your piece, it is probably an old signature. Does it belong to Priller?
I would not buy it for my collection. I am concerned about the space between the third and fourth letter. Something very unusual, but of course possible. The only way to tell for sure is to see the item personally. As SylvieK4 said, try a proffesional in your area.

Best Regards,
Clara

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”