Gestapo Posters

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
David E M

Gestapo Posters

Post by David E M » 04 Sep 2011, 05:15

G'Day, I downloaded a doco from you tube on the Gestapo. In one of the episodes it showed posters depicting "your friendly local Gestop man" and "The Gestapo is here to help you" . I have never seen these anywhere before. A google search only seems to bring up rock bands. A forum search - no results. Has anyone seen or know where I can get some of these posters? Not originals just copies.
Thanks in advance.
Regards, DEM.

gumby510

Re: Gestapo Posters

Post by gumby510 » 04 Sep 2011, 09:23

In all the years I have been collecting posters I have never seen such posters. This is the only gestapo poster I have ever seen. This one is a repo and for sale for 40 bucks.

http://snyderstreasures.com/images/pape ... tapoBW.jpg

David E M

Post by David E M » 05 Sep 2011, 08:34

Thanks for that, its a start. on youtube they show a brief glimpse of the posters, I think its in episode 4 of the gestapo.
Cheers.
DEM

scruffy

Post by scruffy » 05 Sep 2011, 23:03

i once had an original just like like gumby's ,... it was lithographed / printed on very heavy, acidic card stock ,... the ' pulp ' used in the mfg. process was poor quality and it literally fell apart , if you even looked at them funny ,.... i doubt that more than a handful exist , in any condition ,.. { the fakes are printed on thin paper & easy to spot }

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 05 Sep 2011, 23:12

Hi,
Doesn´t really help in anything, but never remember to see any these kind of posters. The secret police wasn´t popular anywhere: Germany, Russia etc. So I don´t believe that these kind of posters were ever printed. It would have help them anything in their popolarity. I hope, I am wrong and you can find the poster.
Cheers
Arto

David E M

Post by David E M » 06 Sep 2011, 03:42

Thanks Guys, like I said I am not after an original. I have never heard or seen anything like this, until I saw the youtube clip. they must have got them from some where.
Cheers.
David E M.

Waldbruder

Post by Waldbruder » 06 Sep 2011, 09:37

@ David:

Did you mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D40dgKB1mg0#t=2m09s

If yes, the translation is:

written red in kurrent: "The police", written black in latin: "your friend your helper" (Die Polizei-dein Freund dein Helfer)

In the second Poster too. I think there is meant Kripo.

written red in the children game: "The good Schupo" (Der gute Schupo) I can not read the black written sentence below.

There was a little bit difference between Police in general, Schupo (Uniformed Police) and Gestapo.

When i am wrong please correct me and post the right youtube link. I am interested in Posters too.

regards Gerald
I am searching for all kind of information (men,anti partisan action,etc.) about Pettau(Ptuj) branch from KdS Marburg/Drau(Maribor) 1941-1944

David E M

Post by David E M » 07 Sep 2011, 11:04

Gerald,
Yes, thats correct those are the two. I'm still looking, if I find them I'll post the link here.
Thanks guys.
David E M.

gumby510

Post by gumby510 » 08 Sep 2011, 05:14

Thanks for posting that video! You can tell that poster was early war as it was very bright and colorful. Most likley printed from 1938-1943. After 1943 you will notice very dreary 2 tone colors as there wasn't any colored ink around. They probly hung those around schools and children summer camps.

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”