Finnish SS volunteer´s items

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Arto O

Finnish SS volunteer´s items

Post by Arto O » 05 Oct 2012 21:28

Hi,
Off topic 8O . Because at the moment I am not putting these items at sale. More I would like to know how much could be their value. Both are original given by SS-Ustuf. Simo Rautala to me in 1976. Both items have a historical and personal value to me, but I might need to try sell them :cry: .To see the whole, introduce "Kampflied der finnischen SS manner in the search button", where you can also find the flag also.
1-1.JPG
As seen in topiC
FLAG.jpg
with best regards
Arto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arto O

Re: Finnish SS volunteer´s items

Post by Arto O » 06 Oct 2012 19:07

Since my post yesterday, I was thinking why the march notes leaflet looks so pale. Then I relized that this a photo from the forum and that time I took a photocopy from the original because it didn´t fit to scan machine. Here the original:
FLAG1.jpg
FLAG2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 29 Oct 2012 01:55

Hi,
Do somebody have an idea of the value?
Thanks
Arto

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 29 Oct 2012 21:16

Arto O,
I believe both of these are postwar "veterans/reunion" items, dating from about the time you acquired them.....certianly of significant interest and some value...but difficult to find the "right buyer" would truely appreciate them as much as you do.
Of course, collector interests, opinions, and values can greatly differ.....IMO (as veterans reunion memoribilia) the value won't be particularily high.....(guessing I'd say $100./250.00 US range on the US market- but they wouldn't be appreciated as much as they would in Europe, I'm sure).

If I thought the little flag was from the period, of course the value would be much higher! I don't believe it is, however.
I'd certianly give "themboth" display space in my collection room!
John G.

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 31 Oct 2012 01:56

Thanks John G.
But IMO both items are from the war period. First of all after armistice between Finland and Russia in 1944, the finnish SS veterans weren´t so popular :lol:, because new Finnish goverment have to had close relationship with Soviet Union. Luckily Finland was never complete part of Warsaw Pact. Curiously some Finnish veterans wrote some books as early as 1950s. But that the veterans had print the march song pampleth with SS runes on in it after the war, sounds imposible to me. Unluckily there is no year printed on it.
Now about the flag: Here a picture of Ruth Munck, the honorary schwester of Finnish SS battallion. If I am correct she is wearing the uniform of Lotta Svard organization, which was banned by soviets after the armistice in 1944. So the photo should have taken before that.
with best regards
Arto
FLAG1.jpg

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 31 Oct 2012 12:50

I'm still not convinced, as stuff like this certainly was produced for veterans/reunions....and by the 1970s Finland was much less under the Soviet Yoke....it might not have been "popular" and somewhat "under-ground", but Veterans groups certianly met and had "similiar" memoribilia....

The Flag (& booklet) might very well be "period"....but the flag, being a "souviner-quality" item, could also have been done "20/25 years ago"....I've seen more than a few "over the years" of Finn SS "printed" desk flags...(and many others)....so I tend to be skeptical of stuff like this.

I'm not knocking them....just giving my opinion, based on what I know of the "US market"....you'd probably get a wider response on the WAF.
I wish you good luck and good collecting.
John G.

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 08 Nov 2012 19:25

Thanks John G,
There is a lot fakes going around, we all know that. One countryman from the forum made me to remember about the website of finnish SS veterans. And that states that the flags were produced between 41-42 and 43-44.
http://www.veljesapu.fi/pages/SS-Aseveljet_ry - Muistoesineet/3235
with best regards
Arto

Fliegende Untertasse

Post by Fliegende Untertasse » 09 Nov 2012 17:21

Your flag looks like an original one.
There is also an "official" latter version I've seen with one SS-veteran. The new type flag is much better looking quality, sharper print, glossy material, it has black Jaeger-cross and 1978 style national emblem.

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 09 Nov 2012 19:32

Thanks a lot for your information Fliegende Untertasse.
with best regards
Arto

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”