EPier and Goebbles' signed item

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
lohengrin

EPier and Goebbles' signed item

Post by lohengrin » 07 Apr 2003, 13:25

Hi Guys,

Does anyne have experience buying on http://www.epier.com? I saw some awesome WWII signed items and I am thinking to bid...

I am particulary interested in the following http://www.epier.com/BiddingForm.asp?760295 lot. What do you think of this card? Price?

Also, this person is selling a signed card og Gen. Grauert, however I have never seen his signature. Is is a rare autograph?

Thank you very much for help!!

Best Regards,
Clara

DanCz

Post by DanCz » 09 Apr 2003, 10:16

A very scarce signature indeed - certainly fetching more than $145 - sadly I cannot really make the signature out well on the photo itself.

However, his handwriting is very clear, neat and on the small side - almost all the signatures I have seen are in bright blue ink and from left to right -I have seen only 3 genuine examples - but I hope this is helpful.

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 09 Apr 2003, 11:40

It would help if the seller spelled Goebbels correctly :P

K.

lohengrin

Post by lohengrin » 09 Apr 2003, 15:41

Yes I noticed that too, but then mistakes like this can happen :D ...

Thank you for the great tips DanCz. I have actually not seen many photos signed by Goebbels, but this one seems fairly good. I did compare it with two signatures from original WWII documents and it is very, very close. I tracked the Hoffmann card as well and a German dealer told me that original even without the signature could go as high as 80-100 Euro!! I think, I will give it a go...

By the way, anyone at all can help me out with the Grauert photo/signature?

Thanks so much for the advice,

Clara

Darcy

Post by Darcy » 09 Apr 2003, 22:13

I personally think its a bad signature and I'll tell you why.The most glaring problem is the G in Goebbels.It should appear like a Y.The one you are looking at drifts off to the side.I have never seen that much space betweed the 2 names.I provide for you 2 different signatures of Goebbels take from Charles Hamiltons "Leaders and Personalities of the Third Reich",a book you should buy if your going to get autographs of this period.

I cannot seem to get a file to attach.All I can say is do your research and you will find out its bad,

valsente

Post by valsente » 10 Apr 2003, 00:09

Darcy wrote:I personally think its a bad signature and I'll tell you why.The most glaring problem is the G in Goebbels.It should appear like a Y.The one you are looking at drifts off to the side.I have never seen that much space betweed the 2 names.I provide for you 2 different signatures of Goebbels take from Charles Hamiltons "Leaders and Personalities of the Third Reich",a book you should buy if your going to get autographs of this period.

I cannot seem to get a file to attach.All I can say is do your research and you will find out its bad,
Here you can find a right signature with so much space between the 2 names: http://www.firstfoot.com/News/handwriting.htm

Brig

Post by Brig » 10 Apr 2003, 02:32

I don't trust Epier. I once saw Goebbel's rug for 10000. Price was right, didn't sell, though

lohengrin

Post by lohengrin » 10 Apr 2003, 12:56

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your replies. I decided to take the chance on the Goebbels PC if the price stays reasonably low. Here are some samples of Goebbels' signatures I got from a friend yesterday (all guarateed originals!!). As far as I can see they are all very different, but the style is very unique and matches (I believe) the item for sale.

Thanks for all the good help, wishing you all the best!!

Clara
Attachments
Goebbels.jpg
Goebbels.jpg (2.89 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Goebbels1.jpg
Goebbels1.jpg (12.43 KiB) Viewed 520 times
goebbels3.jpg
goebbels3.jpg (11.85 KiB) Viewed 520 times

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”