Help identifying this infantryman

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Korbius

Help identifying this infantryman

Post by Korbius » 08 Apr 2003, 19:29

I have a soldbuch that I recently purchased and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can trace back the units and places where this Obergefreiter has been. His name is Heinz Kadelka and it seems like he was an artillery man. What do you guys think? Any help or info on where his unit was stationed would be great. Thanks
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (102.96 KiB) Viewed 584 times

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

infos

Post by Christoph Awender » 08 Apr 2003, 22:28

Hello Korbius!

His field-formation was (schw.)III./Art.Rgt.139 which was element of the 39.Infanteriedivision. The division was formed on Tr.Üb.Pl.Elsenborn in summer 1942.

Actions:
March-August 1943:
Defensive battles at the northern Donez at Saporoshne east of Charkow. Battles at Rogan and Merefa with heavy casualties.
Formation of Kampfgruppen with the rest of the division. Withdrawal across the Dnjepr at Krementschug to Zybulewo.

November
The division is disbanded. Stab to new forming 41.Festg.Div. in Bruck a.d.Mur, rest of Gren.Rgt.113 and 114 as "Div.Gru.39" to 106.Inf.Div. which is destroyed in the area Jassy in August 1944.

\Christoph

Korbius

Post by Korbius » 09 Apr 2003, 00:21

Christoph, thanks a lot for the info, I really appreciate your help.

What about the unit that he was previously, do you have any info on that?

Battr. Schw. Art. Ers. Abt. II/253

and

Heer. Art. Abt. (S. F. H. mot.) II/62

Thanks again.

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”