Hitler Double???

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Brig

Hitler Double???

Post by Brig » 13 Apr 2003 13:49

I picked this up at a flea market this morning. Okay, I know it's not Hitler, too chubby. Perhaps his double? Appears to be wearing trenchcoat, shirt and tie. Correct haircut and moustache. Back has address and some writing I can't make-out.

What do you guys think? Can anyone tell me anything about the double, address/company, or make out the writing?

PS-sorry about blur, I hd to enlarge the photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brig

Post by Brig » 13 Apr 2003 15:19

Actual-sized photos from Scanner before adjustment to get rid of blur prob:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 13 Apr 2003 16:13

If you scan at a high resolution and save the original as Bitmap or TIFF format you can resize this and then if you Save As a version as JPEG (maybe 80% quality, 20% compression) for posting it will reduce the problem. If you scan and save as JPEG and then resize, the JPEG artefacts are resized along with the rest of the image hence they become visible.

Cheers,

K.
--
Ken Cocker, London

Brig

Post by Brig » 14 Apr 2003 19:28

thanks for the info

any word on the photo itself?

Max Williams

Hitler double

Post by Max Williams » 03 May 2003 18:06

It was quite common (fashionable) in the thirties for people to style themselves on Hitler...haircut and moustache, etc... similar to idol worshipping. Don't think there's anything to suggest he was a double.

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”