Max Wünsche - SS file - Lebensborn Query?

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
seaburn
Financial supporter

Max Wünsche - SS file - Lebensborn Query?

Post by seaburn » 10 Jun 2014 14:22

In the SS file of a Max Wunsche LSAH/HJ is a box with the word : 'Ahnennachweis' - which I think means 'Ancestry proof'... in this box is hand-written the word.... 'Lebensborn'.....I'm not sure what they are implying here, does anyone know what they actually mean in this case ? Is it that his father is unknown ? or ?

freddiefro

Re: Max Wünsche - SS file - Lebensborn Query?

Post by freddiefro » 11 Jun 2014 01:53

The 01.12.1938 SS-DAL shows that Wünsche was "Mitglied Lebensborn" as does his Führerkarte (I assume this is the document you are reffering to - see below). Many SS-officers were members of Lebensborn. See: en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebensborn.

Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

seaburn
Financial supporter

Post by seaburn » 11 Jun 2014 07:01

Thanks 'freddiefro', yes I confirm your post is part of the document I'm talking about. I don't know why the term 'Lebensborn' is noted where it is as I would have thought that section should refer to Wunsche's own 'Ancestry Proof'. I have subsequently found a small reference on-line where someone else found similar entries in other SS files he had come across in the archives.

From the link you provided, it seems that Himmer had asked for racially pure SS men to 'sign up' for this programme and it appears that Wunsche did. But I'm still not sure if this was just a nominal agreement by a loyal SS man or it involved their active participation. I suppose that's a question for the 'Lebensborn' thread.

Harro

Post by Harro » 11 Jun 2014 07:06

If an SS member was a Lebensborn-member it is always noted on that same spot on his Personalhauptamt card. It just shows that they joined the organization, but does not mean they actively participated in their programs.

1914FFabian

Post by 1914FFabian » 07 Oct 2022 18:37

I found a 1936 open letter from Himmler to all SS members, requiring members of all SS-HAs to "honourably" join the Lebensborn. In the files of the receiver of this letter (who was an RSHA member), there was also a membership card of Lebensborn dated 1937, and regulation brochures.
I've looked into a few other RSHA officials' SSO files, their Führerkarte were all written with "Lebensborn". But I have no knowledge of the joining procedures and how non SS-HAs members were evolved.

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”