Strange writings on a foto of a Landser

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

Strange writings on a foto of a Landser

Post by Christoph Awender » 05 May 2003, 18:01

Hello!

On the bottom of a foto I found this strange (russian?) writing on the bottom. On the back the foto is like a normal postcard with lines for address and so on.
Can anyone help with it?

\Christoph

CHRISCHA

Post by CHRISCHA » 05 May 2003, 18:49

Could this be due to the fact that the picture came fron Russia. Germany used the facilities of captured towns/Cities for clothing production, vehicle repairing, photography, etc. If a Russian photography buisiness was allowed to stay in operation, there is no doubt soldiers would have made use of it.

ootte

Re: Strange writings on a foto of a Landser

Post by ootte » 07 May 2003, 21:44

Christoph Awender wrote: On the bottom of a foto I found this strange (russian?) writing on the bottom.
The left one reads foto-technika ("photo-technics", a kind of company or organisation name probably). I can't decipher the right one without a dictionary. Please remind me via PM, and I'll reply within two weeks (when I can get my hands on a dictionary). Could you provide a better scan?

--
Oliver

Tapani K.

Post by Tapani K. » 08 May 2003, 07:22

The right hand text looks like an address to me. If I am right the company Foto-Tekhnika would be found at Nish Obrenovicheva 87. That would mean ( I think) the Lower Obrenovich Street. I have no idea where this kind of street would be but a Google search gave me the name of Milos Obrenovich, who was a Serbian prince (1780—1860) and the founder of the Obrenovich dynasty.

regards,
Tapani K.

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”