Helmut Wick signature?

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
stig58

Helmut Wick signature?

Post by stig58 » 13 Oct 2015, 15:09

What do the forum members think of this Helmut Wick signature, I think it is genuine it compares quite well with other’s I have seen, it seems from the break in the ink flow of the signature that he was running low on ink, as Wick probably sat down and signed a few others at the same time? (There is another Wick Rohr signed card that is on the Wehrmacht forum that was probably signed at the same signing session.

Dennis
Attachments
Wick-autograph-fr-web.jpg
Wick-autograph-sigweb.jpg
Wick-autograph-baweb.jpg

von thoma

Re: Helmut Wick signature?

Post by von thoma » 14 Oct 2015, 01:36

The top signature is doubtful.
Many Röhr photographs/portraits could not be personally signed by Wick, and add his name after his death.
There is another Wick Rohr signed card that is on the Wehrmacht forum that was probably signed at the same signing session
This signature is more convincing, no doubt of its authenticity.
39HelmutWick-RhrVerlag.jpg
Photo:www.wehrmacht-awards.com
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

stig58

Post by stig58 » 14 Oct 2015, 08:23

Thanks for your reply, I have seen on another forum that the Wick picture you have posted is not genuine (I think the comment was "Hate to disappoint you Der Freiwillige but this is not Wick's signature. I hope you didn't pay too much for it because it's not his handwriting or signature I'm afraid....". I knew when I posted the Wick picture there would be doubters. But I am sure almost certain mine is as likely to be as genuine/fake as any signed card of Wick's because nobody can be certain, I believe its all a matter of opinion someone on another site thinks yours is a fake you believe it to be genuine, in the end that's all it is someone's opinion not based in fact.

Dennis

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 14 Oct 2015, 10:55

Logically, I disagree.
I will consult with a friend that works as Handwriting Expert of the Court, he can help us.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

stig58

Post by stig58 » 14 Oct 2015, 17:30

Hello thanks again for your reply, I have attached the image of Wicks signature off the over website it is exactly like yours! I keep getting replies "Fake factory" people seemed to be obsessed with this. Nobody knows for certain about any of Wicks signatures, I'm given comments about ink flow, ink pigment, its not the same as a wartime signature on a certain document ect, I have also heard a rather questionable theory Wicks fellow pilots of his Gruppe faked his signature to make money! no two signatures by anybody is the same, with the pressures of WW2 put on any signatory, they might be in hurry and just scribble a signature, or if they have more time to do a more considered signature. I have the Wick the Rohr card which is in no doubt of the period it looks authentic to me, and the 20 other bidders on the Wick signature would seem to agree with me.

Thanks

Dennis
Attachments
39HelmutWick-RhrVerlag.jpg

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”