stamps I picked up. Anyting of value?

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
adler3

stamps I picked up. Anyting of value?

Post by adler3 » 02 Jun 2016, 11:54

I was at an estate sale. I saw in a box this envelope packed full of German stamps. some stuck together. About a third I used a light bit of steam to get them apart. Most are canceled. I separated them into groups. Nazi marked with swastika or something relating to the reich, Hindenberg head stamps. One of the Hindenberg two canceled is black outline and I think that was for his memorial after his death. I will post a few photos of what I have so far and this is only about half of what I picked up. I paid 15 bucks so not out that much if they are not valuable. Thanks for any help
Attachments
Hindenberg stamps.jpg
German stamps from Fort Myers.jpg
German stamps bulk.jpg
Back of double stamps.jpg
5 deutsches reich stamps.jpg
Last edited by adler3 on 02 Jun 2016, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

adler3

Re: stamps I picked up. Anyting of value?

Post by adler3 » 02 Jun 2016, 11:55

German Stamps
Attachments
Steamed german stamps taken apart.jpg
Stamps stuck togeather fixed.jpg
Reichs post stamps.jpg
non german stamps.jpg
Nazi stamps.jpg

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 02 Jun 2016, 13:18

Nothing of special note seen, most are "common" in the stamp world.... some earlier examples and those with "over-stamps (Danzig- for example)" are a little scarcer than the others... but nothing jumps out as being anything special. $10.00 lot at it's best IMHO. There are German stamp reference books and sites available.... worth the investment if you like stamps. Like everything, condition is key to value. Keep trying!
John G.

Dennis Redler
In memoriam

Post by Dennis Redler » 05 Jun 2016, 08:33

Hurricane Katrina got my stamp collection wet enough to get them stuck together. I thought they were a write-off but since I really had nothing more to lose I just wet them again and they separated by themselves. It took a little time but it worked. I let them sit a while in a small bowl of warm water, moved the clump around a bit with a pair of tweezers and after a short while they came apart one by one. I then lay them face down on a towel to dry them off a little then placed them on another towel to completely dry. Some curled up a little but after they were dry I just pressed them flat in a plastic page protector. Today you would never know it happened.
I suggest you give it a try with a small test batch first as I don't know how long your stamps were in this condition.
Good luck

adler3

Post by adler3 » 05 Jun 2016, 11:35

I used steam. I put the kettle on and let it steam on low heat. Put the stamps on the steam and kept doing it until I could pull them apart. Seemed to work OK.

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”