Gestapo Document Signed by Himmler

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Projekt Fleck

Gestapo Document Signed by Himmler

Post by Projekt Fleck » 11 Apr 2017 11:40

Hi All!

I recently purchased this document signed by Himmler 7th September, 1943 :

This is a document that concerns important issues about the use of Polish Civilian Workers who labored on projects of the German railroad system within and without the Reich.
It originates in the office of the “Gestapo” Geheime Staatspolizei in Vienna and is sent to the attention of the Reichstadthlter in Vienna. It had the approval of Reichsfuhrer SS Heinrich Himmler who signs his name in the usual green pencil as was customary for him. He signs it and then the stamp of Reichs security services (SS, Gestapo and SD) is made over the signature probably applied by Himmler himself. It shows also an official stamp that certifies that is was received at the Bauhauseplatz 9 Sept 1943.About in the center is a penciled note that reads RFSS and this indicates that this would need the Reichsfuhrer’s personal attention. Himmler was the complete dedicated bureaucrat and seldom did he leave even the most minute details of the important or semi important matters to his administrators alone. Not even Reinhard Heydrich was able to avoid his scrutiny in all governmental matters. So this is a good example of the SS Reichsfuhrers’ interventions in all official decisions.

I don't speak (or read German), and have Google translated it (roughly!) Im interested to know from anyone familiar with Third Reich memos, directives etc what their thoughts may be about this document - Himmler signed often in green pencil and there is a handwritten comment in green pencil above his signature (no idea what it says) , that is most likely also his writing..

I think this is a cover page - as there is a statement translated that says "3 sheets stapled" - if you can read German!

I have attached images - if you are interested, I'm keen to know what people think… Many thanks!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Knouterer

Re: Gestapo Document Signed by Himmler

Post by Knouterer » 12 Apr 2017 19:39

This is a cover letter accompanying a decison by the Minister of Transport (Reichsverkehrsminister), from the Staatspolizeileitstelle in Vienna for the attention of the Reichsstatthalter's office in Vienna (that was Baldur von Schirach I think). Why on earth would Heinrich Himmler in person sign such a perfectly routine piece of bureaucracy like that? What reason is there to believe he was even in Vienna at that time?

Assuming that is really Himmler's signature, it seems he saw it later and scribbled a comment on it which sadly I can't decipher.
"The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

Projekt Fleck

Post by Projekt Fleck » 12 Apr 2017 21:35

Hi Knouterer!

Thanks for your comments - i don't know how to verify Himmler's whereabouts ? If that is even possible?
Its a shame about the "comment" age has faded the pencil enough to make it hard to read - even when looking at it directly and not via a photo!
Cheers!

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 12 Apr 2017 22:46

Who was KdS in Vienna during 1943 ?
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”