Plz help identify these words

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
User avatar
Alexandra W
Member
Posts: 58
Joined: 13 May 2015 18:55
Location: USA

Plz help identify these words

Post by Alexandra W » 25 Nov 2018 04:12

Hi,

Got some paper, probably from 1942 yet looks like they were written in Kurrentschrift. The first one looks like it begins with “Stadt....”. Anybody help? Thx!

Regards,Alex

Image
Image
Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen.

User avatar
Hohlladung
Member
Posts: 511
Joined: 25 Mar 2017 12:32
Location: Germany

Re: Plz help identify these words

Post by Hohlladung » 27 Nov 2018 19:16

Hi Alex,
It ist always better to show more than only the word to identify, as there are more words to compare with and getting used to the author's handwriting.

Can you repost it?

Best regards
Armin
"Ihr verfluchten Racker, wollt ihr denn ewig leben?" Friedrich, II. in der Schlacht von Kolin am 18.Juni 1757 zu seinen zurückgehenden Grenadieren.

User avatar
Alexandra W
Member
Posts: 58
Joined: 13 May 2015 18:55
Location: USA

Re: Plz help identify these words

Post by Alexandra W » 03 Dec 2018 04:44

Hohlladung wrote:
27 Nov 2018 19:16
Hi Alex,
It ist always better to show more than only the word to identify, as there are more words to compare with and getting used to the author's handwriting.

Can you repost it?

Best regards
Armin
Hi Armin,

Sure! I circled the words in red. Looks like occupations. Thx for the advice!

Regards,
Alex

Image
Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen.

GregSingh
Member
Posts: 3453
Joined: 21 Jun 2012 01:11
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Plz help identify these words

Post by GregSingh » 03 Dec 2018 08:18

Not sure if others agree, but I see:

Sohn des Kantors

Tochter des Stadtsekretärs
The first step to immortality is death.
Jerzy Lec

User avatar
Alexandra W
Member
Posts: 58
Joined: 13 May 2015 18:55
Location: USA

Re: Plz help identify these words

Post by Alexandra W » 03 Dec 2018 10:28

GregSingh wrote:
03 Dec 2018 08:18
Not sure if others agree, but I see:

Sohn des Kantors

Tochter des Stadtsekretärs
Thx Greg! My friend who helped me to transfer this document into doc file also read this as Kantor tho she‘s unsure and suggest me to double check with others. Now we can be sure that one is correct.

Regards,
Alex
Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen.

GregSingh
Member
Posts: 3453
Joined: 21 Jun 2012 01:11
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Plz help identify these words

Post by GregSingh » 03 Dec 2018 22:04

Original writing of the other one looks more like Stadtsecretär,
but 1909 address book for Bromberg had only one K(C)arl Gardiewski, Stadtsekretär.

Gardiewski.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The first step to immortality is death.
Jerzy Lec

User avatar
Alexandra W
Member
Posts: 58
Joined: 13 May 2015 18:55
Location: USA

Re: Plz help identify these words

Post by Alexandra W » 04 Dec 2018 07:51

GregSingh wrote:
03 Dec 2018 22:04
Original writing of the other one looks more like Stadtsecretär,
but 1909 address book for Bromberg had only one K(C)arl Gardiewski, Stadtsekretär.


Gardiewski.jpg
Thx Greg,

I’ve also seen other paperworks in nearby areas. Seems like “c” and “k” are interchangeable?

Regards,
Alex
Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen.

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”