WWII Wartime Postal Stamps

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Matt Gibbs

Hello!

Post by Matt Gibbs » 03 Sep 2002, 13:35

I mean I think the Germans use stamps as propaganda pictures that many people got to see.
The Winter Relief Fund [WHW] stamps was issued every year and also made into special booklets, some have pictures of the Ritterkreuz winners on the front, others are plain with Winterhilfeswerk on the front, a small amount of money was given to the WHW as a surcharge on the stamps.
I will look out a few pictures for you when I can scan them. No worries about understanding of english!
Regards
Matt Gibbs

Luca

Post by Luca » 04 Sep 2002, 19:57

Dear Matt,
now i ve understend,great thank You!
I ve the suspect that we re sayng concern no the same subject.
I no pratic concern the stamps booklets (i ve only the first..Friedericus).
The WHW stamps booklets was issued ony in 1936/37/38/39/40 and in the cover they show only the same stilized eagle (the first is a bit different).
Probable Your booklets re under cinderella section,no stamps, and i don't know nothing concern this, so im very interested for look Your promise future pics.
With friendly
Luca

Luca

Re: Lucky

Post by Luca » 04 Sep 2002, 20:04

Luca wrote:
Matt Gibbs wrote:It was really like a minature propaganda artists gallery looking at the commemorative issues
Again..what is this? Please can show some pics?
After some liters of coffee now i can understend and i agree in total with You.

Matt Gibbs

Look round

Post by Matt Gibbs » 05 Sep 2002, 00:18

Link to booklet picture

http://www.auktionshaus.com/specials/sp13106.JPG

Link to Christ Stamps newsletter - they are german stamp dealer who sells this tyep of stamps. Have a look round theri site, I just got a nice Zeppelin mail cover for the 9th Nordamerika flight from them of the Hindenburg.

http://www.auction-service.com/newslett ... news2.html

Luca

Post by Luca » 05 Sep 2002, 03:11

Dear Matt,
thank you a lot , now i can undersend :roll: sorry again for Your friendly patience.

These booklets re funny, i remeber some years ago some pieces in my hands but with different covers subjects , as You say , they was sell for the WHW.
If i remember well some of these booklets was with a little brooch and put in the jacket......
as (i think) every WHW piece ,for show that the buyer contribute to the WHW effort.

Thank You for show here this good link. Im in contact with the great Walter from 2 years, i no ve buy nothing in he good site, but i know is a honesty dealer and have great knowledge concern the TR period.

Please, show here Your last Zeppelin cover.
with friendly
Luca

Matt Gibbs

Thanks Luca

Post by Matt Gibbs » 05 Sep 2002, 09:01

When I get home I will scan the cover and post it for you to see. It's not a major exciting one but I like to get ones where the cachet is really clear and the cover in good condition rather than buy something a little scruffy and then maybe have a hard time selling it later if I change my mind.
Regards
Matt Gibbs

PS Walter Christ shop have been very good and helpful to me, a first class dealer!

Matt Gibbs

Cover

Post by Matt Gibbs » 06 Sep 2002, 00:13

As promised!
Attachments
zepcover.jpg
zepcover.jpg (83.75 KiB) Viewed 962 times

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”