German Death Cards From My Collection/Feel free to Share your own WW2 Death Cards+Get help with Questions/translations

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Heartfeltzero

German Death Cards From My Collection/Feel free to Share your own WW2 Death Cards+Get help with Questions/translations

Post by Heartfeltzero » 26 Nov 2021, 08:42

So I wanted to create this to share my death cards. But feel free to share your own as well. Also if you have questions regarding anything or need help translating your death card feel free to ask. So anyway, I’ll start it with this death card.
47263C30-B8C2-4B05-9C66-3E8D6D38F140.jpeg
This is the death card of Heinrich Schmidbauer. He was the son of a farmer and a soldier in an infantry regiment. This card is one of the more rare ones as he was killed in the invasion of Poland on September 8th, 1939, just 7 days after the start of the war. The card specifies that he was killed near the city of Wola, Poland
913E3898-8BFD-4F10-A4C9-3E37E1C6C7F0.jpeg
Back of death card
———————————————————————————————————————
9EEC38EF-0AF6-45FC-B698-FE731DF7F48F.jpeg
German Death Card of Günther Theimert.

Günther was in the Marine SA in the early 30’s. The Sturmabteilung
(SA) was the Nazi Party's original paramilitary wing. It played a significant role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1920s and 1930s. You can see his Marine SA uniform in the photo. His rank was SA Rottenführer.

The SA had several training organizations, the SA Marines served as an auxiliary to the Kriegsmarine and performed search and rescue operations as well as harbour defence and training for those wanting to get into the Kreigsmarine.

Sometime After the Night of the long knives, Günther would for some reason no longer be part of the SA. He then ended up as a Jäger of the 6th company infantry regiment 100.

On June 8th 1936, Günther was involved in an unknown accident which took his life.
F62704B5-C6B3-4B35-9EA8-CACC01363E48.jpeg
Back of death card

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”