German war photographers

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
John Toner

Post by John Toner » 29 Jul 2004 13:06

Peter

Which Müller is this?

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alexander Zöller

Post by Alexander Zöller » 29 Jul 2004 13:29

Most probably:

Müller, Rudolf

* 11/21/20
+ 10/21/43
KC 6/19/42

das-ritterkreuz.de entry

Alexander

antwerpx

Post by antwerpx » 29 Jul 2004 14:11

Alexander Zöller wrote:Most probably:

Müller, Rudolf

* 11/21/20
+ 10/21/43
KC 6/19/42

Jup, it's him :)

saint-ex

Re: German war photographers

Post by saint-ex » 13 Sep 2004 22:01

Hi Christian

I have been researching on Kriegsberichters a lot . . but I never found a list . . .it is rather complex as most SS-Kriegsberichters were attached to a divisional platoon, later company to each Waffen-SS Division. The Heeres PK was structured in Companies which were attached to each army, as well t
platoons to Heeresgruppen etc. I started a list of Heeres and SS-Kriegsberichter that contains at least 300 names.
They distinguished in word, photo, film and drawing-Berichters. They did not necessarily belong to one special company or platoon over the whole war. In later war periodPK units were diminished. If a name is known and the date a conclusion to which company he served in might be possible . . i.g. those Kriegsberichters of PK699
served in Africa . . .after retreat they were then found in Italy . . .

Hope I could help you a little

Lutz

Dan H

Post by Dan H » 13 Sep 2004 23:31

I've got a 'little' list going as well... here

This does not include just PK photographers but press photographers who photographed the war. I'm still a relative newcomer to the whole PK scene, so if I've majorly goofed somewhere - please do tell me!

/daniel

webmastersignal

Post by webmastersignal » 26 Sep 2004 17:04

I just add the PK list of wehrmacht who work for Signal on my web page :
http://www.chez.com/luftwaffe2/index.htm
Soon SS PK list and collaborators of Signal
http://www.chez.com/luftwaffe2/index.htm

Renee

Photographers

Post by Renee » 26 Oct 2004 00:33

My Grandfather was a photographer in the Latvia, and German army. Being in the Latvian Army first does anyone know if he would still be listed as a German Photographer? I am also trying to locate some kind of list of names.

Renee :wink:

-Michael

Post by -Michael » 21 Nov 2004 21:13

SS-PK Frans van Immerseel, served in the Freiw. Legion Flandern, was a painter too and made lots of well know Propaganda posters in Flanders, before the war he was a party member of the Flemish fashist pary VERDINASO.
SS-PK Renaat Vaes, served in the Freiw. Legion Flandern and in 1944 Angehörige der SS-Standarte Kurt Eggers.

SS-Kriegsberichter Raf van Hulse, he was the Kriegsberichterzugführer of the Freiw. Legion Flandern, later be becomes an SS-Hauptsturmführer and a leader of the Hitlerjugend Flandern.

Redmer

war photographer

Post by Redmer » 21 Jan 2005 13:54

hi!

I wonder, if there were a photographers as duty service in regiment/platoon etc. ( as a sniper or radio operator ) Not as a PK soldier
If yes , was there anythig written in Soldbuch ? equipment given ? what kind of equipment
Or only private use .

Duncan

Post by Duncan » 21 Jan 2005 23:12

A mall contribution but a long haul way of identifying PK's. At a quick glance through a couple of books - identifies the following:

Die Wehrmacht (1940 Oberkommando der Wehrmacht) lists:
E Erdmann
Strobel
Raebiger
Erwin Pohl
Janesch

An Der Mittleren Ostfront (General Kommando XIII Armeekorps - 1942) lists:
Haussleiter
Knab
Loch
Frick
Schuster

Aufklarende Artillerie (Froben 1972) lists:
Freiwald
Heinz Raebiger

Not to forget Gunther Heysing

knieptang
Banned

Post by knieptang » 25 Feb 2005 19:10

Another name is Walter Selle.

In January 2002 I was intoduced to Herr Selle by his daughter, Herr Selle served as a PK cameraman in the Reichsluftwaffe, filming material mostly for the Wochenschau, with 16mm Arriflex cameras.

Herr Selle was also an expert for stereoscopy:
Link: http://www.stereofotos.de/Literatur/Kle ... _sell.html

In January 2002 Herr Selle lived in the area of Oldenburg in Northern Germany, aged 81(?) years, his health situation was not very good, related to his age, but he was still very interested for photographic themes, especially for digital cameras.

He could talk for hours, telling about his experiences and showing us old photos of his time in the Luftwaffe, to sorry, I have lost the contact to Herr Selle, but I will try to contact his daughter, living in the area of Bremen nowadays.

StadtBibliothek Köln / Stereo-Sammlung Selle: http://www.stbib-koeln.de/spezial/selle/

Regards Michael

knieptang
Banned

Post by knieptang » 01 Mar 2005 22:44

A Photograph, SS-Cameraman, a very good shot, surely one of the best...

This photo is well known, stolen from here to there, I do not remember, were I found it, a good shot:

Regards Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Valtoro

Post by Valtoro » 28 Mar 2005 22:51

A picture from the Reichskommissariat im Norwegen Bildarchiv which shows a exhibition about the experiences of PK-berichters (Oslo, 1944). It was called "PK - Kämpfer und Künder"

http://www.arkivverket.no/riksarkivet/s ... chkom.html
(In norwegian, but good quality pictures)

/Valtoro.

knieptang
Banned

Post by knieptang » 09 Apr 2005 02:39

Valtoro, impressive pictures, in very high quality, thank you!

To sorry, the translation to english language is out of order...

Thank YOU again!

Regards Michael

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”