German war photographers

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
AlifRafikKhan

Re: German war photographers

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 23 Mar 2012 17:31

What is the full name of Kriegsberichter Winkelmann, Jesse, and Kurth?

AlifRafikKhan

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 30 Jun 2012 03:16

Maybe someone knows what kind of equipments and cameras used by these Kriegsberichters?

Sources: Bundesarchiv
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 30 Jun 2012 18:10

The first looks as a LEICA III C
Regards !
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

sirjahn

Post by sirjahn » 19 Jul 2013 16:16

i know this is an old thread but if anyone is still following it I am looking for a photograph taken in June, July 1944 in Rennes France. The shot is of a pilot (could be Priller) describing an aircraft manuveur (typical two hands one following the other sort of thing) to a patient in a hospital bed with others around the bed including some Allied wounded POWs. I remember seeing the photo in the 1950s could be in a history text or encyclopedia but I haven't been able to find it.

So doesn't anyone have an idea where I could find the photo or the photographers that were working in Rennes France in the time frame?
Dale
LTC USA (retired)

Tom Houlihan

Post by Tom Houlihan » 15 Dec 2017 15:43

I found this page in my miscellaneous microfilm file. Not entirely sure how it came to me, but thought you might find it interesting.

The following information was gotten from Roll 106 of National Archives Microfilm Publication T-70, Records of the Reich Ministry for Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1936-1944. This roll contains casualty reports on Propaganda Company reporters/photographers, as well as for members of the SS Standarte “Kurt Eggers” (formerly the SS Kriegsberichte Abteilung (War Correspondent Section)). This information, used with the dates on the back of the contact prints in 242-JRP and SS, might be of use in providing geographic identification to the photographs in these series.

NAME, Rank Comments
AHRENS, Anton, SS Oberscharführer MIA 11 July 1944 – went on courier between Paris and Metz – hasn’t been seen since
Fink 5th SS Kriegsberichte Company
GRÖNERT Took photographs in July 1943 in Bielgorod-Kursk area
HOFFMANN, Oberscharführer SS-KB Zug with the 19th Lett Volunteer Division (June 6, 1944)
HRUSCHKA, Peter, SS Schütze Killed 14 December 1943 near Cherkassy
JAROLIM 3d SS-KB Company
KAMPE 5th SS-KB Company
KRISTOFERITSCH 7th Platoon, 7th SS-KB Company (Greece)
LANGNER, Wilhelm, SS Unterscharführer 17 Feb 1944 – Liaison man to the Press in Brussels
LÜTTMER 7th Platoon, 7th SS-KB Company (Greece)
MERZ, Willi, SS Unterscharführer Died 26 Sept 1944 SW of Caen
MIELKE, SS Rottenführer Transferred from RUK staff, Mailand, to a front unit
MÖEBIUS, Helmut, SS Oberscharführer Killed 26 March 1944 near Narva
MÜLLER, Karl-Heinz Died 24 Oct 1944 near Fekehr-Halom
ROTH 3 August 1943 – Series of photos on Kharkov by the fallen reporter is ready.
ROTTENSTEINER, SS Unterscharführer 1st SS-KB Company (Western Front, 6 June 1944)
SLAWIK, Heinrich, SS Strm. December 1943 – in hospital at Dachau.
WIESEBACH, Wolfgang, SS Oberscharführer MIA 9 June 1944 between Tuzla and Brcko, North Bosnia
WISNIEWSKI, Bruno, SS Oberscharführer Died 7 March 1944 near Narva
ZSCHÄCKEL Died October 1944 (?)

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”