A Site For My Fellow Stamp Collectors

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Zapfenstreich

A Site For My Fellow Stamp Collectors

Post by Zapfenstreich » 31 May 2002, 17:58

I collect German States, German (up to 1945), Bohemia and Moravia, Danzig and American postage stamps.

I came across this in the Third Reich Stamp Collector site:

http://www.cifr.it/depo/depoe.htm

Z

walterkaschner
In memoriam

Post by walterkaschner » 31 May 2002, 21:31

Many thanks Zapfenstreich, for introducing me to this fascinating exhibit. I am a collector myself, although not as active as I used to be. Baltic States, Danzig, Marienwerder, Memel, Germany (used only), France (used only) are areas of primary interest and (I blush to confess it) about everything else I can lay a hand on except US.

Best regards, Kaschner

Matt Gibbs

Stamps

Post by Matt Gibbs » 24 Jun 2002, 22:40

My interest in this field is in Mint German Third Reich period and occasional annexed states. I am collecting slowly as and when I come across issues I like! I specially like the early WHW issues and also admire the way they got the maximum propaganda use out of these harmless little things. Especially the things like the Zeppellin issues which went around the world. They also had a lot of buisnesses with the franked mail so popular today. i have even seen a franked mail envelope with the printed red franking from the machine which says "Reochsfuhrer SS" !! Not the kind of mail you want coming through the door unless he is a friend of course!!
Regards

Tolga Alkan

Post by Tolga Alkan » 25 Jun 2002, 19:48

Thanks,
i am a collector also Third Reich and pre Third Reich stamps.I have some stamps from serie of Hindenburg dated 1934(2 piece).And i have got also one stamp i don't know it's year still.Stamp has a worker and "Deutche Reich" on it's face.May this group could help me.
I will travel this year to Istanbul.This biggest city have many stamp shop.Last year of my travel,i remember there were many stamp releated with Third Reich and they were cheap!I will get them if they are still staying on their last position :)

Siegfried Wilhelm
Location: Kleinkleckersdorf, NC, Confederate States of America

Post by Siegfried Wilhelm » 25 Jun 2002, 20:27

I'm a collector of general Third Reich paper and ephemera. I like the stamps and coins too--particularly official covers.
Another philatelic interest is Feldpost. About a year or so ago I had a chance to buy a whole bag of Feldpost--all mixed. I saw some good WWII stuff in there so bought it--I'm having a good time sorting through it, and have found many neat things like a letter from a Helferin on leave in Paris, a censored letter (with the stickers) from occupied Norway, a card from Africa in which the soldier traced his issued sonnenbrille for some reason, many different printed Feldpost letterforms and cards, and so on. But in that bag was a large lot of First War Feldpost which I have no use for. Well over two hundred pieces! Is anyone here interested in such things? I don't know much about it at all. What should I do with it? maybe I should have put this on the commercial part of this forum, but I wondered if anyone wanted to discuss Feldpost stuff first before I just dump the WWI stuff. Or should I save it for someone who is truly interested in it?

Matt Gibbs

mystery

Post by Matt Gibbs » 29 Jun 2002, 01:02

Tolga
What colour is your mystery stamp, also are there any words or letters on the drawing..? If you post a scan I am sure we will be able to ID it !
Where's my Michal catalogue..?

Regards

varjag

Not strictly Third Reich.....but

Post by varjag » 04 Jul 2002, 13:13

the stamp collectors on the site might know.
I have an old German Stamp Catalogue;

Gebr. Senf's Illustrierter Postwertzeichen Katalog, 1897 (Leipzig) 660pages

I'm not into stamps myself and had the book for years, thinking someone
might be interested in it - it's full of 'countries' that most of us have for-
gotten,or never heard of - any response is appreciated.
Rgds, varjag

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”