What can you tell me about Ahnen Books

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Scragz

What can you tell me about Ahnen Books

Post by Scragz » 01 Jul 2002, 02:53

Good Morning Guys and Girls !!

What can you tell me about this Ahnen Book of mine, I have scanned a couple of pages but there are alot more.

Was it used to verify Racial purity when questioned by Authorities ???

Hope to hear from you all.

Thanks

Hoo-Roo

SCragz
Attachments
ahnen.jpg
ahnen.jpg (180.93 KiB) Viewed 1304 times

Ken Jasper
In memoriam

Post by Ken Jasper » 01 Jul 2002, 03:44

Hi Scragz,

All Germans were required to complete a history of their lineage. The Ahnenpass, a 48 page document recorded this history back 31 generations. There was also a shorter form called the Ahnenspiegel which was a 24 page document. It documented the family genology back seven generations.

don

Post by don » 02 Jul 2002, 13:50

Scragz and Ken
What would the going price of Ahnen book be?
Ken did you say all germans had to fill one out?
What did they do if they did not have all the information?
don

Ken Jasper
In memoriam

Post by Ken Jasper » 02 Jul 2002, 14:24

Don,

Sorry, I don't know the current price. I picked up the ones I have at flea markets in Germany and Austria.

Good question about the data. I believe that most of the data was retrieved from church records and the Ahnenspiegel usually was endorsed by an ink stamp by the local parish.

Another document I have is a "Kleinen Abstammungsnachweis" which states if the holder is "Arier- Mischling 2..Grades- Mischling 1. Grades - Jude." The one I have is ll inches by 8 inches and has a pale green background. It is dated 26 Juli 1938 in Wein. It was issued by the "Amt fuer Sippenforschung der NSDAP, Gau Wein." The reverse carries biographic information about the holder's paternal and maternal grandparents and father and mother. This information, of course, would/should have been available to most if not all citizens of the Third Reich. My document states that "Elisabeth Ludmilla Katharina DEMAND gbr WOERNER" was "Arier (Ayrian)..

Treue Heinrich

Post by Treue Heinrich » 12 Jul 2002, 22:07

Could you scan that document, that Abstammungsausweis?
Du bist nichts, dein Volk ist alles!
Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Ken Jasper
In memoriam

Post by Ken Jasper » 13 Jul 2002, 04:13

I'm sorry, I don't have the capability to scan a document. I will send you a photo if you email me your mailing address.

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”