What do you collect?

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Bryan Poon

Post by Bryan Poon » 06 Aug 2002 16:52

Hi

I collect 3rd Reich Medals only.

BP

Erich

Post by Erich » 08 Aug 2002 03:11

Luftwaffe documents both day and night figther. Flugbuchs and RK photos also pics of lesser known pilots and crews. Really anything of mid 44 till the end of the war.

E

Maresal-06

Post by Maresal-06 » 08 Aug 2002 03:58

Everything related to the history of Romania. :)

And also axis WWII items - Romanian or German.

Csaba Becze

Post by Csaba Becze » 08 Aug 2002 14:52

I collect photos, especially Hungarians (Air Force, panzer units, hussars, artillery, infantry, etc).
I like collecting personal diaries too (they are subjective sources, but I like them 8)

Csaba

Siegfried Wilhelm
Location: Kleinkleckersdorf, NC, Confederate States of America

Post by Siegfried Wilhelm » 08 Aug 2002 15:38

Most anything from the period that speaks of Zeitgeist, but my favorite stuff is papers and printed ephemera...not fancy award documents, but the little things.
I used to collect Gebirgsjager militaria, but after amassing quite a large collection I kind of lost interest, got rid of much of it, and collect more general things. I especially like very late war (1945) anything.
My ladyfriend is a fanatic collector of Third Reich women's stuff--most anything. So I keep an eye out for things for her too.

Geli

Post by Geli » 09 Aug 2002 01:00

Siegfried Wilhelm wrote:My ladyfriend is a fanatic collector of Third Reich women's stuff--most anything. So I keep an eye out for things for her too.

Third Reich Women's stuff? What does she have? A red brassiere with a white circle and black swastika covering the nipples? :lol:

Eva

Post by Eva » 09 Aug 2002 02:23

LOL- Geli, you crack me up! I have a few sundry military items (stored w/ my dad for the time being): a US naval officer's sidearm (I forget the caliber), a German army helmet with the painted swastika still visible, and my grandfather's medals from the Pacific theater. Also, I collect vintage clothing circa WWII. It's rather easy seeing as my mother is the chief costumer for a theater :D . I've also begun collecting books and reference material on the subject which illicits some rather odd looks from geusts at dinner parties.

EB

Geli

Post by Geli » 09 Aug 2002 04:09

Eva wrote:I've also begun collecting books and reference material on the subject which illicits some rather odd looks from geusts at dinner parties.EB

The other day I had to tell my new cleaning lady that I was doing research and she shouldn't be alarmed if she finds photos of Hitler and Goebbels strewn all over the floor! :) (And she doesn't have to pick them up, either!)

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 09 Aug 2002 16:20

Geli wrote:I actually just bought the map book online, and it hasn't been delivered yet. I'm eager to make that comparison!

I know the feeling - I've just been away for a weke, and I got 3 pics more (one of them with a realy nice shot of Panzers driving through Rotterdam), and I have a whole bunch waiting at the post office... :)

Christian

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 09 Aug 2002 16:28

Csaba Becze wrote:I collect photos, especially Hungarians (Air Force, panzer units, hussars, artillery, infantry, etc).
I like collecting personal diaries too (they are subjective sources, but I like them 8)

Csaba

Just bought a pictures of a 38M Toldi (I actually thought it was a German panzer, it was taken from behind and looked a bit like a Pz.Kpfw. I or II... :?)

Christian

Siegfried Wilhelm
Location: Kleinkleckersdorf, NC, Confederate States of America

Post by Siegfried Wilhelm » 09 Aug 2002 18:19

Geli,
I have to assume you were joking about my nut girlfriend's collecting. Actually if you have ever seen the British comedy "'Allo 'Allo" you would understand when she always says she IS looking for 'silk knickers with the swastica hem'. Hasn't found them yet though. (the brassiere does sound...interesting...though)
No, my Ladyfriend is in fact a serious collector and has much in the way of female uniforms, insignia, papers, and so on. Some beautiful Helferinnen photo albums, lots of small stuff like travel passes, ausweis, ration cards etc. She also has quite a collection of Third Reich marked china and tableware which she uses (dinner with her can lead to some ineresting conversations). On top of that she has a fair amount of civilian women's stuff from the period too. Actually she perked up when I mentioned your 1938 Berlin map...the one she has is earlier and does not reflect some of the nazi changes.
However I think the weirdest thing she recently aquired is a marked ammo crate with a marked and dated 8,8 FLAK round still in it...to go with her Luftwaffe FLAK Helferin collection (no, don't ask) :roll:

Csaba Becze

Post by Csaba Becze » 10 Aug 2002 14:10

Christian,

Are yo frustrated, because this photo is not taken about a German panzer? Just give me, and I'll be happy :D :D :D
BTW I have some very interesting photos about Hungarian Toldis.
I'll write an article about 1st hungarian Armoured Division to the Journal of Military Ordnance, and I'll enclosing an interesting Toldi photo too.
Do you know this magazine?

Csaba

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 10 Aug 2002 16:23

Hi Csaba

Well, I saw it before purchasing, so it's my own fault - but I won't asy I disappointed enough to give it away ;)
It's stil in the mail, but I'll have it scanned ASAP, and if I remmeber, put it here for your viewing pleasure...

Don't know about the mag. you mentioned - does it have a website?

Christian

Csaba Becze

Post by Csaba Becze » 10 Aug 2002 17:32

Christian,

Thx, I'll check it.

Here can you find some info about this magazine:
http://www.darlingtonproductions.com/Jo ... 0Frame.htm

Csaba

Geli

Post by Geli » 11 Aug 2002 01:42

Dear Siegfried,
Your Ladyfriend's collection sounds fascinating. I wish I could see it -- every piece! If she finds two pairs of those silk knickers, let me know. :wink:
Don't you think someone should open up a "Uniforms of the Third Reich" museum?
My map book is still in transit; the seller sent it from his antique book shop in Berlin. Perhaps when I go to Berlin, I'll check it out. I did just get my 1936 tourists' souvenir book of Berlin, and it's now the pride of my collection. Perhaps I should describe it in another thread. :)

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”