Real foto postcards album

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
croatia

Post by croatia » 20 Aug 2002, 21:28

It is not cigarete cards album .Cards are made from carton like normal postcards and they are glued in to album.I think that album is made in privat factory with postcard-size pictures.They have maybe make more albums for each year because on first page is date 25-31 januar 1940 and on last page 25-30 april 1940.All cards are numbered but not on turn.First 2 cards are number 29 and 31 and last two 106 and 108.Cigaret cards are numered too but all my cigaret cards are made from thin paper with text on back so i 99% sure that this album is not cigaredcards album.And one mor thing , on cigaret albums is always name on and on my album is not.

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 20 Aug 2002, 21:30

Also, many of the German postxcards were numbered...

Christian

Luca

Post by Luca » 20 Aug 2002, 21:41

Is possible look the front cover of the album?
Thank You and sorry for Your precious time.
with friendly
Luca

croatia

Post by croatia » 20 Aug 2002, 21:49

Front foto.Like i say no text , no maker, nothing.
Alen
Attachments
front.jpg
front.jpg (46.31 KiB) Viewed 1518 times

croatia

Post by croatia » 20 Aug 2002, 21:57

Now i have find something what was in album.That can be album name.
Alen
Attachments
1212.jpg
1212.jpg (29.26 KiB) Viewed 1512 times

Luca

Post by Luca » 20 Aug 2002, 22:27

croatia wrote:Front foto.Like i say no text , no maker, nothing.
Alen
AHAHAHAH !!!!! :D :D :D :D
Sorry but i no realize that You say this in olds emails.
Sure no was necessary a dimostrative pic.
Your word is more that good for me.

If the cover appare created WITH the pages and no add after..in concrete if the album no ve lose the original cover...i vent idea.
If they re postcard (as Your respected idea) i can suppose that some Philatelich club ve issue some domestic album for the members, but sure, cause the great work for the pages,a good decorative cover sure was necessary. The same if the album is unique issue of some "rich" collector.
In concrete, if is privat work is no clear why spend lot of work for the print of the pages and no for the cover.
I ve look really privat album with gothic (sorry the mistake but i no remember the correct carachter) handwrite and decorations that was much more beutifull that a simple print.
Cause the great quality of the subject of the pics and the short time in subject i can think (i no think exist) that a "historical facts postcard issues" was collected from some collectionist and put in the album but...
i stay in my poor very personal opinion that the pieces ren't postcards, maybe some good seller ve change the cover for can say that (cause the size), they re postcards. Maybe the quality of the work for add the cover to the page can say concern the quality of the seller.If album is in Your hause from 50 years i ven't really idea what is this.
How about the thikness of the paper of the pics? How about the paper quality of the pics? You re the best for say some comment cause the album is in Your hands. Usually,but no all, zigaretten cards ve little thikness (only very little number postcards ve same thikness) and they re brightness (no alls)
Please, inform me, im very curious.
Thank You
Luca

Luca

Post by Luca » 20 Aug 2002, 22:31

Sorry but i look only now Your last email.
I no speak german (as english :( ) but if the sense is right concern the album is possible think that the damage original cover was cut of the title and new cover was add from the old propietary.
Is only a poor opinion.
with friendly
Luca

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 20 Aug 2002, 22:39

Is it a binder with loo sheets, or are the text bits glued on? This would indicate a 'bare' albuym.

The text pieces say
World-happened
Deutschland
In

Which could be: 'what happened in the world - Germany' or 'what happened in the world of Germany' or something like that.

he pstcards usualyl had a small square in the upper right corner (when seen from the back). Can you see if there are any such?

If you contact David, I'm sure he'll have some idea too. He's sold thousands of items, so he knows a lot...

Christian

Luca

Post by Luca » 20 Aug 2002, 23:17

Christian Ankerstjerne wrote: he pstcards usualyl had a small square in the upper right corner (when seen from the back). Can you see if there are any such?
Croatia,
if You put 1 page to little centimeters of a strong light and the paper of the page is no very strong, looking from side back,with much lucky, you can look the reverese of the pic.

The precious traslation of the Host appare confirm, cause the international subjects, a relation from the album with the title.
Cause the quality of the paper of the words, no was cut from the cover, but from the first page of the album, that is also no present.

croatia

Post by croatia » 20 Aug 2002, 23:26

This 3 peace with text are not glued to album.I have find this on first page separet in 3 peace.Maybe is album not finisched???Album is in my family more than 50 years and 100% original ww2.My father was stamp colector and i have get huge colection of stamps,some militay item and this album.
Alen
Attachments
1222.jpg
"he pstcards usualyl had a small square in the upper right corner "
Christian are you think this line?Betwen this lines are postcards glued.Lines are on al 4 corners but only on few pages you can see line
1222.jpg (78.03 KiB) Viewed 1467 times

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 20 Aug 2002, 23:53

Actually, I meant on the back of the postcard - for aligning the stamp ;)

That would prove wheter it is postcards - but it'll be hard to see (be carefull not to set the album on fire if you use a strong lightbulb!)

If you dad was a stamp collector, it is very likely that it's a stamp album. Back then, the stamps were glued with strong glue into the album, and the collectors usually colledted stamps form the whole world (which woudl explain the title...)
Can you take out idividual ages?

Christian

Luca

Post by Luca » 21 Aug 2002, 00:04

Christian Ankerstjerne wrote:If you dad was a stamp collector, it is very likely that it's a stamp album. Back then, the stamps were glued with strong glue into the album, and the collectors usually colledted stamps form the whole world (which woudl explain the title...)
8O ........... :wink: ........... 8)

croatia

Post by croatia » 21 Aug 2002, 00:11

I cant see nothing trough lite.Cards are too much thick carton and page is carton too.It is inposible to see across.
What are you think about fotos?Some are very nice with "Ritterkreuztrager".

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 21 Aug 2002, 00:19

The photos are very nice. The tank is a Kleine Befehlspanzer, a conversion from the Pz.Kpfw. I

Christian

Benoit Douville

Post by Benoit Douville » 23 Aug 2002, 02:58

Hi Croatia,

Nice pictures that you have. Do you know this link:

http://connexus.net.au/~mikuto/stamps/stamps.htm

Regards

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”