Third Reich Printed Material

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Annelie

Third Reich Printed Material

Post by Annelie » 26 Mar 2002 00:51

Not sure where this post belongs but thought this is as good a place as any.
Does any one here collect third reich instruction manuals, year books, proganda books, maps and etc?

Trying to find which of the above is more desirable?

thankyou
Annelie

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Re: Third Reich Printed Material

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 01 Apr 2002 21:27

Annelie wrote:Not sure where this post belongs but thought this is as good a place as any.
Does any one here collect third reich instruction manuals, year books, proganda books, maps and etc?

Trying to find which of the above is more desirable?

thankyou
Annelie

Hi

I'm not certain as to just how to answer your request, as this is such a vast area to collect in. To be honest, I would prefer to collect original photographs, simply because one doesn't have to read german to interpret them. I realize that I have not been of great help and I hope that others will offer more suggestions.

Richard

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 03 Apr 2002 00:19

Thanks anyways, I haven't heard too many people collect what I do.
I find anything published by and for the Third Reich interesting.

I would like to collect more medals and uniforms but with such great repros out there I feel more comfortable with the paper products. My favourite is the Christmas song books put out for the wehrmacht. They are very touching

Annelie

Scragz

Post by Scragz » 28 May 2002 04:13

Gidday

I have collected quite a bit of Paperwork from this period. I have items like the passes and Id books etc etc but I also have items like Cruise Tickets for the period and the entire file for man joing the NSDAP, also I have a really good cond. Builders handbook, showing calender, adverts for local businesses , measurements, I even have a bill sent to a Company in Germany with a copy of their advert and the bill for it for a local newspaper. I tracked down a museum grade storing plastic sleeve to keep them in and have them inside a specially sealed binder designed for paper storage.

The paperwork is probably not that valuable but I like to think I am protecting something.

This can be an inexpensive hobby as paperwork was abundent in Third Reich Germany.

Hoo-Roo

Scragz

Scragz

Post by Scragz » 28 May 2002 04:27

This might interest you Annelie -

http://www.scripophily.net/germschatz100.html

Hoo-Roo

Scragz

Siegfried Wilhelm
Location: Kleinkleckersdorf, NC, Confederate States of America

Post by Siegfried Wilhelm » 20 Jun 2002 20:09

Annelie, any of those mentioned types of printed matter can be good or not depending on the individual piece. The year books are always good if they have lots of special information in them--but they can also be quite plain and not worth much. Same with propaganda stuff--some is great and some not. I think the best way for you, or anyone, is to not care what is 'best' in other people's eyes, but just collect what you like yourself--or individual peices that appeal to you.
Or...you can be like me and try to get it ALL! (just kidding, but sometimes I feel so obsessed that I almost feel that way)

Also Scragz, I notice we have bid against each other at times on the online auctions. I wish you luck even though you have beaten me out of a couple nice things--may the best man win, right? Again, good luck wih your collecting even if we do compete.

Scragz

Post by Scragz » 21 Jun 2002 00:59

Gidday Siegfried :)

What did I beat you on ?? I always get carried away when I want something badly enough :oops:

Probably in a years time I am going to sell off most of my collection, all the Third Reich Paper items, Badges, Medals, also all my other Militaria, Swords, Daggers, Swagger Sticks etc etc etc

I have lost my job recently and the Bills have piled up :cry:

We are just surviving but our Credit Card Bills are killing us so I made the decision to sell it all off in about a years time :cry:

I would love to know what I beat you on , but you are safe now , NO MORE BUYING !! Just Selling.

And on a note I too hated "THE BIG RED ONE" I thought it was the most drawn out Boring piece of rubbish I have ever seen :roll: I kept thinking something is going to happen soon, any second now................ :x

Hoo-Roo

Scragz

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 21 Jun 2002 03:33

Hello Siegfried and Scragz:

I guess I pay no attention to what is good or not but what I like and have an feeling about.
I guess I also want it all ;-)) I have everything from manuals to years books, maps and Die Kunst Im Deutschen Reich. In fact I will buy anything that I find interesting from belt buckles to medical pouches. But the printed matter is my favourite since one does not have too worry too much about reproductions (as yet).

I truly hope Scragz that you do not have to resort to selling your collection just yet.

Annelie

Scragz

Post by Scragz » 21 Jun 2002 04:37

Well Annelie, my only saving grace might be "WINNING THE LOTTO" :wink:

But I will not hold my breath.

I love the Paper items as well, as you said not a great deal od repros as Third Reich Paperwork was immense. Only the High Grade "SS" Passes etc adn items like that I have seen repros of. I like the strange items, I have a nice Cruise Ship Boarding Pass/Ticket with a nice cover and swastika etc along with a timetable for that shipline. Also have a nice Newspaper Advert Account with the copy of the add attached and the total bill.

Even the common DAF books are nice, not expensive and still available.

My favourite item is my "SA" Dagger, I have it framed along with it is a nice Dress Firemans Bayonet, A Fire Medal 2nd class above the Bayonet, SA Sports Badge above the SA Dagger a Metal Police Desk/Wall Eagle and a RLB Plaque centred between the blades, all framed together this display is my favourite, when I sell it I will sell as a whole still framed so I am hoping the price will be good . I am going to sell everything on ebay, this should be easier than setting up a web store

If I do have to sell it all I will have to be careful not to let too many tears fall into my Keyboard and cause a short-circuit :cry:

One day I might be able to afford to get back into it again, I hope so (Come on Lotto !!!!!!!)

Hoo-Roo

Scragz

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 21 Jun 2002 10:28

Scragz:

Don't give up hope and prayer. Things could change quite quickly.
All the best.

Annelie

Siegfried Wilhelm

Post by Siegfried Wilhelm » 21 Jun 2002 17:08

Scragz, I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles. It is tragic to lose ones job--unless of course you hate it and have another lined up. And I know those damned credit cards have ruined more people that you can imagine. One of my friends is a real bigtime collector--Luftwaffe kettledrum skirts with all the complete horse trappings, all bullion embroidered, and stuff like that--uniforms and medals that knock your socks off. But he over extended--credit cards etc. and guess what, there goes the collection. He's even now trying to decide what to sell next ( I can't afford any of it).
At least with paper we don't have to worry too much. Scragz, if you must sell the SA dagger and fire stuff, at least know that they can be replaced. But I think some of the printed stuff is harder to find. I have to smile at your pinning hopes on the lottery tickets--I have several (and just bought another) Third Reich ones...I doubt they'll pay though. But I bet I have about the same chance as you. :wink:
What you beat me on was a couple of good loan certificates, particularly one that was to be used for replacing funiture that was lost as a result of being bombed out--great stuff! I should have bid higher. Also some good ration cards I think (these were a while ago). I'm trying to complete the set for all foods--I still need the purple 'fruits and nuts' one (very scarce!) and I think you beat me on a blue milk one as I don't have one of them either. :|
Anyway, try NOT to sell off most of your collection. It's things like that that give you pleasure even though other things may like bleak for the present.

On another note, i like playing around with trying to reproduce some paper things for fun and I have made some kick-ass copies. I have never sold a single thing--and won't (I do however give some obvious repro stuff away to reenactors for fun--they love it when the stamps match). Anyway to answer Annelie's comment; Yes beware. People can and do fake paper goods--even common stuff. My ladyfriend (who is a nut collector too) not so long ago bought a Frauenschaft dues book from a dealer we like to kid around with so the very next show we brought it back with another one exactly like it, complete with the orange cardboard cover, identical rubber stampings, the lickem-stickem dues stamps inside, glued in supplementory pages, the whole thing. But with my ladyfriends name etc. on it. All completely fake! He looked at the two side by side and was freaked out.... It can be done. So beware--it would have been just as easy to have done an SS pass to a Knight's Cross winner (I have never done that).
Paper stuff to me is so much more interesting than most of the other stuff because there is so much more variety.

Scragz

Post by Scragz » 22 Jun 2002 07:54

Gidday Siegfried

:lol:

I think you are talking about the STEUERGUTFCHEIN II Einhundert Reichsmark, I am sitting here now with it in front of me in one of my folders :D

I am also looking at the Milk, Bread ration sheets as well.

I have another one, its small and it has a small section of Bread coupons, also Margerine and Meat on the same sheet, it is called a Zulagefarte (I think thats how its spelt, the old German font is difficult to read)

Im having a nice time here going thru my folders. Just found my NSDAP membership paperwork for a Blockleiter called Walter Konig, it has all the forms filled out for Party Membership , his membership number is 6,645,655. I have the complete set with photo's down to his oath to Hitler and his Borlaufiger Ausweis. It seems this is from the Gau of Sudetenland and the Kreis : Reichenberg.

One thing you may be able to help me with or someone else might is one of these forms that are filled in for this man is called a Meldung, it is dated 15th Juli 1943, shows Walters Name birth date etc and says ---

'Parteimitgliedsnummer 6,645.655 mit der Kommiffarifchen Leitung Der Dienftftelle " under this they have typed in -

Mitarbeiter des Propagandaleiters

Can some one tell me what this means ??????

Is there any refernece on the internet for information on NSDAP party files, and what each of these forms mean ??

Hope you can help.

Hoo-Roo

Scragz

Sledge

Use your mind.

Post by Sledge » 22 Jun 2002 15:44

Scragz wrote:Well Annelie, my only saving grace might be "WINNING THE LOTTO" :wink:

But I will not hold my breath.

I love the Paper items as well, as you said not a great deal od repros as Third Reich Paperwork was immense. Only the High Grade "SS" Passes etc adn items like that I have seen repros of. I like the strange items, I have a nice Cruise Ship Boarding Pass/Ticket with a nice cover and swastika etc along with a timetable for that shipline. Also have a nice Newspaper Advert Account with the copy of the add attached and the total bill.

Even the common DAF books are nice, not expensive and still available.

My favourite item is my "SA" Dagger, I have it framed along with it is a nice Dress Firemans Bayonet, A Fire Medal 2nd class above the Bayonet, SA Sports Badge above the SA Dagger a Metal Police Desk/Wall Eagle and a RLB Plaque centred between the blades, all framed together this display is my favourite, when I sell it I will sell as a whole still framed so I am hoping the price will be good . I am going to sell everything on ebay, this should be easier than setting up a web store

If I do have to sell it all I will have to be careful not to let too many tears fall into my Keyboard and cause a short-circuit :cry:

One day I might be able to afford to get back into it again, I hope so (Come on Lotto !!!!!!!)

Hoo-Roo

Scragz

With what ever adversity may befall you, your mind is your greatest tool.

Do not panic, and you will do fine!

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 22 Jun 2002 18:30

There is another way to look at this situation.
Maybe the powers to be (whatever you believe in) is giving you
an opportunity for a change to the better.

Sledge wrote
With what ever adversity may befall you, your mind is your greatest tool.

Do not panic, and you will do fine!

Siegfried Wilhelm

Post by Siegfried Wilhelm » 25 Jun 2002 20:08

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 7:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gidday Siegfried

I think you are talking about the STEUERGUTFCHEIN II Einhundert Reichsmark, I am sitting here now with it in front of me in one of my folders

I am also looking at the Milk, Bread ration sheets as well.
-------------------------------------------------------

And you're a Rat!
Actually I'm glad you have them, but of course I wish I had gotten them instead. All's fair though.
I don't know of any internet reference on NSDAP files...I'm sure there probably is one, but I don't know of it. Sounds like you have documents of someone who works for a Propaganda leader, or his office.
See, you talk about the pleasure you get looking through your folders of stuff--you shouldn't ever consider getting rid of those things that give you pleasure (except, of course, to slip me those above mentioned documents...kidding naturaly). I seem never to tire of looking through my folders too.
Wonder if your Walter Koenig is the actor on Star Trek? Yeah right!
Sorry I can't help.

Sig~

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”