Heydrich card question

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Matt Gibbs

Heydrich card question

Post by Matt Gibbs » 27 Sep 2002, 01:30

Hello folks;
I was wondering if the Hoffmann card of Heydrich was popular or rare..?
I assume this is a common way of finding it..? The death stamp of Bohmen und Marhen indicates it was used after his death of course. Was it common for the stamp to be on the front and does this affect the value..? I am in the process of enquiring about this card which is for sale.
Regards
Matt Gibbs
Attachments
reheyd.jpg
reheyd.jpg (31.11 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

Phil V

Post by Phil V » 27 Sep 2002, 04:09

As a matter of interest may I inquire as to how much is wanted for such an item?

Matt Gibbs

snap

Post by Matt Gibbs » 27 Sep 2002, 11:48

Max;
That's what I am enquiring right now! Will let you know, it's part of a 2 item sale....
Regards
Matt Gibbs

DanCz

Post by DanCz » 27 Sep 2002, 13:13

Matt,

The stamp is real cheap - how many do you want !!!

However, there is also an error on some stamps and this is rare - it is found only on a couple of stamps from each sheet - and I only have one example in my collection.

The card is also rare - maybe £40 - but because it is Heydrich dealers will ask for a lot more - often auction - so it will attract crazy bids from SS collectors.

Hope this helps.

Matt Gibbs

Cheers

Post by Matt Gibbs » 28 Sep 2002, 01:35

Thanks for the info. I assumed because it was Heydrich it would not be cheap, specifically for that reason alone. I wouldn't want to know the cost of an autographed Heydrich card I don't think, some of the rare RK winner ones are expensive enough as it is! :D Mind you, I'd like to see one. I can just imagine a spotty HJ youth asking Reinhard Heydrich for an autograph :mrgreen:

Incidentally the other item is really what attracts me. It is a copy of the daily newspaper for the day of the attack on Heydrich in Prague with the announcement on the front page by K.H Frank the HSSPf. A rare survivor I should think...

Regards
Matt Gibbs
Attachments
asheyd1.jpg
Attack on Heydrichs life makes front page news!
asheyd1.jpg (44.86 KiB) Viewed 1313 times

Matt Gibbs

Found out

Post by Matt Gibbs » 11 Oct 2002, 01:01

I found out the price when I got a reply email at last. It was for the two items 245 Euros and it's sold.

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Henrick

Post by Henrick » 16 Nov 2002, 01:11

With the Stamp posted on the front and tied via cancel to the card,means its a Maxi-card

Matt Gibbs

Right!

Post by Matt Gibbs » 23 Nov 2002, 02:29

Thanks for the info, the card and the rare newspaper are now in my collection of curiosities :) I was intrigued by the rare survivor of the paper of the Neue Tag for the day of Heydrichs assasignation attempt, very interesting to read what was in effect the beginnings of the germans reprisals.

Kind Regards

Matt Gibbs

Luca

Post by Luca » 23 Nov 2002, 19:00

Dear Matt,
the stamp of your fine card appare the so called "egg" variety.
You can control and take some additional informations here :

http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/v ... =egg#46723

with friendly
Luca

Matt Gibbs

Maybe !

Post by Matt Gibbs » 02 Dec 2002, 15:19

I think you might be right Luca, it does appear to be like that in the photos in the link you mentioned. Interesting, I did not know it was a variety. Many thanks!
I wonder if anyone has ever seen a Heydrich autographed card..?
Just out of interest why did they call it a Maxi card..?
Regards
Matt Gibbs

Luca

Post by Luca » 02 Dec 2002, 15:54

Dear Matt,
i never see any autographed cards, if i remember well, but i will control in a specioal folder that have 4 stamps in 1 side and the card in the other ...maybe.....

I no know nothing good concern the Maximim cards and origin of the name.
Probable Maximum arrive from the big dimension in the card that show the little same subject of the stamp.
Or much more probable arrive from the necessity of create the maximum numbers of similitudines of the subject.
Infact stamp,card,cancel is necessery that have the much more possible point of comunity as possible.
I no have here the FIP official regolamentation concern the Maximum for the medails points, but if You need i can start a little search. (is changed short years ago)

Looking for Your interesting paper (compliments) i remember that much years ago i have take a manifersto that appare a reward paper for wall with high amount of offer in Kronen or Reichmarks and photo potrtaits or identikit i no remember. I no speak german and much time ago i no was speak czeck so i was put the paper in a corner of the home of my dad.
But if i remember well say some concern bandits that escape in bicyclets.
I will search this paper and maybe with Your precious help we can look if have some to do with the facts in topic.
Thank You in advance.
Luca

Matt Gibbs

Thanks

Post by Matt Gibbs » 12 Dec 2002, 11:20

I would be interested to hear about that!
The Czech authorities increased the reward for information on the Heydrich case to 20,000,000 crowns after a few days and so there must have been another proclaimation about it but I have not seen that one.

Thanks for the information about the cards. Were there not also some special philatelic cards with stamps of of the Heydrich picture..?

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”