The Unknown Soldier "Tuntematon Sotilas" (2017)

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
d1ea

The Unknown Soldier "Tuntematon Sotilas" (2017)

Post by d1ea » 03 Jun 2017, 14:11

First trailer has been released for the film. " The Unknown Soldier is a story of a platoon of ordinary Finnish soldiers in the battlefield between Finland and the Soviet Union during the Second World War."

:milsmile:

antwony

Re: The Unknown Soldier "Tuntematon Sotilas" (2017)

Post by antwony » 03 Jun 2017, 18:38

d1ea wrote:First trailer has been released for the film. " The Unknown Soldier is a story of a platoon of ordinary Finnish soldiers in the battlefield between Finland and the Soviet Union during the Second World War."

:milsmile:
Looks good.

Aren't sure I'd translate "Vissiin helvettiin asti?" as "to hell?". But, then again I'm not too good at ye olde worlde Finnish.

Have been semi-reliably informed that apart from the old man all the characters in Häjyt speak some weird stadinslangi not pohojamaa. And that was a film about modern times. Am sure there'll be some interesting dialogue in Tuntematon.

But yes, the clip looked good. A T- 34/85, a suomi with a "coffin" mag (i think), no late war German, but lots of other types of helmets. The kit nerds should be happy.

Gamle Lode

Post by Gamle Lode » 24 Jul 2017, 21:02

It is good that Linna's novel is brought to international audiences. For me personally, a third version of the same story will be a bit exhaustive experience, regardless of how good it is. I know all the dialogue already and I really wish the film has something totally new for types like me too. Female actors playing the 'unseen' wives and girlfriends should be a great bonus for me.

d1ea

Post by d1ea » 29 Aug 2017, 19:17

2nd Trailer

B Hellqvist

Post by B Hellqvist » 02 Sep 2017, 03:57

Gamle Lode wrote:It is good that Linna's novel is brought to international audiences. For me personally, a third version of the same story will be a bit exhaustive experience, regardless of how good it is. I know all the dialogue already and I really wish the film has something totally new for types like me too. Female actors playing the 'unseen' wives and girlfriends should be a great bonus for me.
The old movie is a bit dated by now, even if it's still one of the best (top 50 internationally, at least), and the 80's version seems to never have achieved classic status. Finns usually don't mess around when they make war movies, and this one looks as good as anything that has gone before it.

mark severin

Post by mark severin » 24 Jan 2018, 10:50

The movie works very well as a war film and as a piece of history. It's authentic, illustrating the pain and brokenness during the war.
I eat a lot of cheese on a regular basis. I'm glad there's a way to benefit from a cheese slicer. Some top reviews can be found at bestcheeseslicers.com. Just check for yourself.

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”