Anyone playing Combat Mission Berlin to Barbarossa?

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Caldric

Anyone playing Combat Mission Berlin to Barbarossa?

Post by Caldric » 27 Nov 2002, 04:13

what do you think of it? Worth getting? I really like detail and this one looks like it has it all.

Toivo

Post by Toivo » 27 Nov 2002, 09:13

Definately worth getting, more improved and better looks than CM:Beyond Overlord. Though AI has it's drawbacks but hey, real game is only vs human oponent anyways :)
Besides, thats OSTFRONT :D

Regards

Kephra

Post by Kephra » 27 Nov 2002, 18:27

If you ever had a slight interest in 'games' like Steel Panthers World at War, this could be somethink for you. But beware - this is not so much a game but a 'combat simulation'. If you want to have success - you must learn and use real ww2 tactics. See the discussion below to get an idea, what awaits you... 8)

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ ... 3;t=003522

Polynike

Post by Polynike » 28 Nov 2002, 00:49

oh yes go for it great graphics and great sound..love the sound of those panzer tracks grinding towards the dug in enemy followed by the richochets of the armour
great atmosphere as well with russian and german voices calling out orders and instructions

what are you waiting for go for it man

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 30 Nov 2002, 01:17

I got this game finally, found it strange that you can only get it from their website, or at least that is the only place I found it.

Anyway it is very, very good. However so far I am a very, very poor tactical commander. As the Germans in 1941 I have no problem winning, but my losses are astronomical, 1/3 combat losses and in one battle 1/2. Not to mention many broken troops from frontal attacks. :D

In the Blitzkrieg operation 1941 I was able to use some flanking on the Soviet defenses and actually had some success with my eventual frontal assault. Still I am sure I would have been fired for the horrendous carnage.

If you like detail this is the game for you. I love to get right down on the field and have the screen shake when explosions go off, or hear the bullets ripping through the air. By far this is 100 times what Close Combat was, and I will be playing for a long time. Also the editor looks like it is very powerful tool, maybe I will build some battles.

Kephra

Combat Mission 2 - Barbarossa to Berlin

Post by Kephra » 02 Dec 2002, 11:58

To make this thread complete:

FAQ

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ ... 3;t=002148

Reviews

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ ... 3;t=004088

This should answer all remaining questions. :)

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”