Tiger II early turret running and fireing!

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Tiger II early turret running and fireing!

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 28 Dec 2002, 19:53

Yesterday I saw a action series called 'the unknown stuntman' (1983), which featured a Tiger II with the early turret. I know it 2was not a model, as it was not only fireing, but it was also running in a way that made it quite impossible for it to be a model (the tracks had enough weight to seperate from the vehicle when it drove over an obstacle, etc.

Now, how on earth would this vehicle end up in an action series tha doesn't take place in WWII, while hollywood movies can't produce even Pz.Kpfw. IVs?!?

Does anyone know this series?

Christian

Kizmias

porsche or henschel?

Post by Kizmias » 28 Dec 2002, 20:56

are you sure it was early porsche turret as only four exist and they all have the later henschel turret by krupps. the easy way to tell is from side view the porsche has a round edge at the front meeting the the gun pivot plating and the later has a virtually square joint. i hope this helps:la gleize, belgium, runs but not mobile. kubnik, russia, runs but not involved in commercial ventures due to communism! saumur, france, runs and is sort of mobile! and finally munster, germany, ran but now in need of more machined parts. Andreas.

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 28 Dec 2002, 21:55

Most definately the early production turret! I thought about the Saumur Tiger too, since it has featured in at least one other movie.

The colour was almost entirely earth brown (depending on the earth, though, but you can probably compare it with chocolate with 30-40% cocoa (a wierd comparison, I know)...

A bit of yellow on the trackguards, though, and probably also elsewhere.

There were also coming smoke out of the exhaust pipes, and when looking at it I can confirm that the Tiger II was rive quite fast and is very agile...

Christian

John W

Post by John W » 05 Jan 2003, 06:20

Christian Ankerstjerne wrote:and when looking at it I can confirm that the Tiger II was rive quite fast and is very agile...

Christian
I don't mean to sound preposterous... but knowing the Tiger II, don't you think that sounds rather strange. I mean 'fast' and 'agile' are terms one wouldn't use for a Tiger wouldn't you say! :)

Panzerrat

Post by Panzerrat » 05 Jan 2003, 09:52

Perhaps it was a REALLY BIG & HEAVY RC model....1/6 or 1/4 scale? many RC car models have engines that belch smoke because of the need to mix oil with fuel for lubrication......
1/16 scale Tigers have individual tracks & pins & are quite weighty

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”